How I became an A2 owner again

widdy

It all started about 5 weeks ago when my wife decided to increase her hours at work. She then thought we needed another car, so after various searches and viewing we have put down a deposit on a New Fiat 500 for her. She hopefully gets the new car in about 6 weeks.
This then got me thinking, as she would only be paying £35 tax a year, what other cars are available in the same tax bracket, and obvioulsy the A2 diesel came into my head. Started looking on the all the usual websites, including this one, once I had remembered my password to see what was available. As nothing close by, decided to go around the local area just to see what was on offer, looking at everything from a Yaris to a Jetta. Obviously needed something with a reasonable boot to carry all the necesary items when you have two kids aged 4 and 7.
So called in at the local Motor Park, stopping at the SEAT garage to look at the Ibiza. After getting out the car and wandering around something caught my eye parked in corner.

A Black A2 TDI Sport, but not any old A2, but MY OLD A2 I had previously owned two and half years ago. So a venture into the showroom, to ask to inevitible question,
IS IT FOR SALE. ????????????
The response came it might be as the owners were out on a test drive in an Altea. So left my details to let me know, then owners returned with me doing a reccy over the car, thats our car he says, we respond, it was also ours. They have now bought the Altea and I have bought my OLD A2 back.

It now has only 42,000 on the clock, 13k more than when I sold it. It has only been used for trips to get the weekly shop. So a deal was done, eventually, and hopefully pick her up again next friday.

So a pure by chance visit to the local dealer has brought me back into A2 ownership.

I really look forward to driving her again.

WOW what are the chances eh? ;)

Welcome back mate

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep - thats a good story pal - and a great coincidence! Welcome back :)

Last edited:
Just a quick update

Finally picking her up on Wednesday teatime.

Dealer finally sorted the Cherished Reg transfer.

So then I will be bonified A2 owner again.

Can't wait !!!!

A good story all round. Like a good romance... you're meant to be together... :)

Welcome back to the fold and many happy years of A2 motoring. Good luck Wednesday.

Darren

Well picked her up tonight.

Just got to get used to driving the A2 again as it is very different to the Altea.

First thing I noticed was the height of the floor, compared to the SEAT, I felt really high up but probably wasn't as had the seat at its lowest level.

Just been having a play and getting used to all the controls again.

Will try and update again after a week or so.

I am sure the two of you will be getting along great again in no time! ...like the time apart hadn't been ;)

Well picked her up tonight.

Just got to get used to driving the A2 again as it is very different to the Altea.

First thing I noticed was the height of the floor, compared to the SEAT, I felt really high up but probably wasn't as had the seat at its lowest level.

Just been having a play and getting used to all the controls again.

Will try and update again after a week or so.

Excellant! back with the 'old flame' eh?

Good On ya matey :)

Cheers

SARGE

Well a week on into my second ownership of the A2.

Finally got the seat/back rest/wheel in correct position so as to fell comfortable and not feeling as though I am sitting in an MPV. Still got to move the seat though as still shairing the car with my wife until she gets her hands on her Fiat 500.

Loving the BOSE again, just really need to turn it up to 10 to fully appreciate the sound quality.

Things I need to get for it now

Some A2oc stickers
Rear windows either via tints, Sox or blinds
Paint for rear hubs, Silver OR Black ??

Other options when money allows

Roof Bars
Another set of Alloys so keep the 17"s as good as possible
Space saver wheel

Back