Sweden <-> Italy

Mr_Arrow

Starting on Thursday 18/6 my wife and I start out journey from Uppsala in Sweden to Florence in Italy. It will be the longest we've driven our A2 (nickname "ULL" = wool) so we are quite nervous. I plan to report back on the experience and hopefully with some pictures.

Our travel route

Small update.

Home again after 17 days on the road. Totally we did 5 711 km (3 548 miles) and average fuel consumption (1.4 petrol) was 0.55 liters/100 km. (51.36 MPG according to converter)

Will update with pictures later on.

Last edited:
Good one! I suppose there was nothing to worry about with ref to your nervousness then :D.
ULL performed well then :) Looking forward to the piccies ;)

Cheers
SARGE

Small update.

Home again after 17 days on the road. Totally we did 5 711 km (3 548 miles) and average fuel consumption (1.4 petrol) was 0.55 liters/100 km. (51.36 MPG according to converter)

Will update with pictures later on.

Very good driving for a 51.36mpg! I managed to go relatively steady and did about 47mpg (two of us with a/c on v-power). Good luck with your trip, I'll hopefully take mine to the continent for a long driving journey like yours.

Very good driving for a 51.36mpg! I managed to go relatively steady and did about 47mpg (two of us with a/c on v-power). Good luck with your trip, I'll hopefully take mine to the continent for a long driving journey like yours.

Humps they've returned from their trip :)

SARGE

So here are some pics of ULL. First i Florence, second at the hotel we stayed at, then two pictures of the 10 Porsche Panameras that drew by me on a row in Germany :D

Small update.

Excellent. Small point: I think you mean 5.5 litres/100km (or should that be 5,5 litres/100km) ;-)

I might drive to Sweden next year - my wife comes from near Norrtelje - flying is easier but it would be good to have a bit of freedom. Google says 2,151 km – about 22 hours 41 mins from where I live - that's half the distance you did to Florence. And my trip (and I guess yours) would include going across the Oresund Bridge.

Excellent. Small point: I think you mean 5.5 litres/100km (or should that be 5,5 litres/100km) ;-)

I might drive to Sweden next year - my wife comes from near Norrtelje - flying is easier but it would be good to have a bit of freedom. Google says 2,151 km – about 22 hours 41 mins from where I live - that's half the distance you did to Florence. And my trip (and I guess yours) would include going across the Oresund Bridge.

Oh yes you're right! it should be 5.5 L/100km or 0.55L /10km.

Actually, I took the ferry from Germany to Sweden so I didn't pass Denmark or the Öresund bridge. Norrtälje is just about 70km from my town :)

Back