Abs bleeding with version 409

Tontonly

Hello, Anyone with the registered version( or even shareware) of ross-tech version 409 know if the ABS pump can be activated to help in the bleeding process?.

As in this ross tech page http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/absbleeding.html

Any help greatly appreciated before I decide to buy the cheap solution or bite the bullet and buy the genuine expensive one. As I'm only a home fetler I probably don't need the £200 one.

Regards
Tony

Hi Tony, welcome to the A2oc
Ref the attached brake bleeding summary for the A2, I don't think you need to cycle the ABS pump. If you are just changing the fluid then conventional methods (low pressure bleeder, pumping the pedal etc) will work fine. If however some major brake system components have been replaced or the master cylinder has run dry then you probably need a pressure bleeder running at over 2bar to bleed the ABS unit.
By the way, I would recommend you buy the genuine RossTech diagnostic kit as its future proof and you get free updates for life.

Cheers Spike

Spike is correct - it's not necessary to cycle the pump, but the genuine kit can certainly do it - I did it earlier on today, just to make sure all was well after the repairs.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the replies guys.
I removed the ABS pump and controller (ATE version) to send away for repair.
But after speaking to 2 repairers/reconditioners they only need the electronic controller part or the ABS unit. Thus I'll need to bleed the system. If vagcom isn't necessary for bleeding the ABS then thats OK then. Thanks for the advice regarding the ross tech, I'll probably go that route as I have other warning lights to check out.

And as you say its more future proof, in case we buy a newer Audi(or VW) in the future.

Regards
Tony

Back