Io Play handsfree fitting help....

747tech

Hopeing somebody can help a new (very happy!) owner with a query -

Would anyone know if an additional mute lead is needed when fitting an ioplay handsfree kit?

My vehicle - 2005 tdi 75 is fitted with the standard concert head unit.

I've used an adapter lead to enable switched pos. and everything works as should. But, when making a call the callers voice is only heard from front speakers at a very low volume with the sound of radio still coming from rear.

This is not the way this system works - it has it's own 60watt amp which enables incoming calls to feed through all speakers independant of radio volume. So, something's wrong somewhere.

Did I read somewhere that there is a small sub for rear speakers? If that's the case then is there a mute output on the head unit I wonder?

Hoping that somebody's come across this before.

Thanks in advance.

There is a mute input on the concert head unit, if you pop the head unit out you will see a diagram of all the inputs and outputs.

I used a small shielded spade connector and connected this to my parrot handsfree so when a call comes in it completely mutes the radio or pauses the cd, you also get the mute come up on your dis if fitted and on the front of the stereo.

cheers

David.

Back