Intermittent warning lights

Rhian

A2OC Donor
Looking for some advice, I brought my 2001 Y reg 1.4SE A2 in April, first thing i had done was a major service and cambelt change it also had a diagnostic scan which found 0 errors. Since then I’ve had the red (!) symbol come up on the dash and three beeps. This has happened three times

1st time – On rough, gravel like track
2nd time – On a very bumpy/holey gravel track
3rd time – Turning right at a mini roundabout

The first time it happened, it was fixed by turning off the ignition and taking the key out and back in again. Second time, taking the key out didn’t work and it stayed on, as I was parking up anyway, I left it and when I went back to it, it had gone. Third time again, taking the key out didn’t work so thought seen as I was near my normal garage I’d drive it down. But of course it stopped as I was on my way! Mechanic checked it out, took the bonnet off and checked my brake fluid levels and topped it up and told me to see how it goes.

Over the weekend, I noticed that my EPC light didn’t go out, once i had got back to my boyfriend’s house we had a quick google search and a common problem was the brake light switch. Tested the brake lights and they weren’t working when applying the brakes so left the car at his over the weekend and purchased a new switch on Tuesday and changed it ourselves and hey presto brake lights now working.

Well, on the Wednesday I was driving to work and was breaking on a fairly steep hill (going downhill) and the red (!) symbol came on my dash again but this time my ESP and ABS amber lights came on, on the dash. Parked up at work, went to ring my boyfriend and then disappeared! But this is the first time my ESP and ABS lights had come on.
Thought instead of paying to get it scanned I’d purchase a cable from Ganden and download the VCDS-Lite software. So the cable arrived this morning, so off to my car I went equipped with laptop and cable. Scanned the ABS module and received the following code:

1 Fault Found:
00812 - Brake Pressure Release Solenoid (F84)
35-10 - - - Intermittent

I cleared the fault, but was wondering if anyone knew what this meant? Searched the code on Ross-tech wiki but really not sure what it all means. I’ve also scared myself after doing some google searching and reading that it could be £1000+ problem to fix :(

HELP!

Rhian

Back