Wiper got stuck - now its not working :(

mixxy

Help
Started the car this morning to get it warmed up and forgot the wiper was left on last night
It tried to push quite a bit of snow off and got stuck, i quickly lifted it abd cleared the screen as quick as possible but its now stuck
ive done a few searches on here and tried manually moving the arm but I think its now locked in park at the bottom of the screen
Ive checked the fuse & relay

:(

We had this exact problem yesterday when the engine was switched off with the wiper in the up position. It then refused to work at all after the wiper was initially frozen to the glass. Manually moved it to the park position, restarted electrics and bingo, it's working again! Thought I'd have to replace either the motor or the 602 relay, but fortunately not.

Hope this helps someone if it happens to them.

Cheers,
Gaz

nope for me I had to get a new motor :(
Think the motor was £180
That wasnt from Audi either

I forgot I had a motor from a mk4 golf with twin spindles so plugged that in
and it turned !
I did get a 602 relay from ebay which is now spare

might be worth making a sticking warning perhaps

Two things to be aware of

First reaction is to push the wiper back down which may not be the right thing to do as it might spin the motor backwards - COuld be a bad thing?

When parked the motor linkage is never stright ( without drawing a picture its hard to describe ) but pushing it back can make both linkages line up and it took all my strengh to push it up or down, so I think when I did this I ended up locking the motor out.

If left I think it would have possibly righted its self

Back