help electric window

ellahi1

Hi I have a Audi A2 1.4 petrol 2001

The electric window on the drivers side goes down, but will not come up with the button. It does when I lock the car and keep the fob pressed down. When I bought it a month ago this problem was not evident, it has almost got worse on a daily basis till it stopped completely going up, is it possible that the person I bought it from had done a temporary fix?.

I have noticed people taking about spraying with furniture polish/silicone spray, but what is it that I need to spray? needs to be a bit more idiot proof than the instructions I have seen thus far.

Thanks in advance

It dose sound like you need to lube the seals.

I have not done this myself, but I would guess spraying sillicone all around the rubber seal would sort your problem. Maybe use a cloth to make sure that you get it all around.

Hopefully someone who has done this will come along and give a dinifitive answer.

David

You can try spaying the window seal (black fluffy material) all around inner edge of the window. I have used a furniture polish Pledge or any silicone based spray will do. Window frame seal tend to jam the glass, that might cause the window to struggle on the way up. Hope it helps.

Hi

I often use the silicon spray as mentioned below but recently my window on the drivers side would not open.
I took the door panel of and found the whole motor would move slightly when the window button was activated. A simple unplug and then tightening the fixings holding the motor to the door seems to have resolved.

Good Luck with your attempt

A2O2

Back