Knocking noise from front right wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd6677

My car which is now out of warranty is starting a to make an unusal knocking noise when I hit a pot hole or go over a speed ramp too fast. The sound is coming from the front drivers side wheel only. I have jacked the car up and tried to see if there was anything loose , but couldn't find anything loose or wrong (well not by looking and pulling at everything) I tightened up everything I could see but it still didn't fix the problem. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue/noise coming from the front right suspension/wheel

Thanks,

I had a similar problem - just out of warranty - and it was the front roll bar drop links (a rod approx 300mm long with a ball joint at each end) One was badly worn and the other was showing the first signs of wear but only one ball joint on each link was affected. I tried to get the dealer to replace them on policy but Audi were not interested. The pair were only £35 so I replaced them myself. Easiest way to do this is to this is to jack up the car, take the wheel off, slacken the top and bottom ball joint nuts, put the wheel back on the lower the car. With the weight on the suspension the link is not under any load and easily removed - once you manage to remove the nuts completely.

Cheer Spike , Yeah I don't want to drop it to a dealer for him to charge me a arm and two legs to sort. I have had a look on ETKA Parts and can't seem to find the parts number..Would you know what the part number is so I can order it from the local dealer

Thanks again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back