Service Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoangel

If you take your A2 to another garage (non Audi) for an oil change or if you do it yourself do you need a VAG machine to reset the service interval or will the Oil Sensor pick up the fresh stuff has been inserted?

Cheers

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

http://www.greenconsumerguide.com/audi_a2_tdi.php

Lukas
There is no oil condition sensor in the engine so changing the oil will not reset the service interval reminder. You can do this yourself but it can only be reset to the fixed interval mode. The following instructions are taken 'word for word' from the Audi Elsa on service info which anyone can subscribe to

-Switch off ignition
- Press reset button for trip recorder in the instrument cluster and at the same time switch on the ignition
- When you release the trip recorder button the display will show 'Service in ???Km
- Keep the clock adjuster button in the instrument cluster pressed until the display is set back to 'Service in ?????Km or 'Service'
- The display will show 'Service in 15000Km

I have not tried this so please let the Forum know if it works

Regards Spike

the oil sensor is for checking the oil level if the oil falls below the min mark it comes on as an indicator as I have found out many times

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

Spike

I tried this this evening, but it still states Service ! when the ignition is turned on.

I got it to reset the trip indicator, but when I release the trip button it still shows Service not Service in ??? km.

How long are you supposed to hold each button depressed.

Has anyone succeeded in reseting their Service indicator before I either take it to the dealer and pay that guy on Ebay, although he may say the same as already done.

Help, I am sick of seeing the word SERVICE

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

I serviced my (out of warranty) TDi recently and managed to reset the service indicator after a couple of attempts. It was one of those jobs where I played around with the buttons and all of sudden the indicator was reset. I think the trick is to press the clock button immediately 'SERVICE' is displayed.
For info I have always used Longlife 2 oil but change it every year (approx 10,000 miles). I also replaced the fuel filter this time and it is a pig of a job. I have a pit in the garage and think it would have been very difficult to do without it.

Regards Spike

The opnly proper way to reset the long-life service indicator is via VAG 1551/1552.
If anyone is in the Manchester area, I can do this, as well as any other VAG COM related jobs, for a modest fee.
The oil sensor is only part of the problem - you also need to reset the timer, which by default will show a service due every 730 days.

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp) and all round tinting.(The NEW Tank)

Thanks again spike, will have another bash tonight

Finally done it, yes it takes a few goes to sort it out. You just have to be very quick pressing the clock button in order to reset.

Thanks to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back