Warranties

EF MAX

I know that this subject has probably been touched before but what is the general vote towards extended warranties beyond the 3 yr period that Audi offer us.

I noticed this weekend in the Daily Telegraph an offer through Warranties Direct - http://www.warranties.telegraph.co.uk

They appear to offer four deals on the A2 with less than 40K on the clock, all come in at under £20 per/month.

Does anyone know if this is a good deal or just a commercial joke,, any help appreciated.

I had a warranty with them and the first claim I had was rejected as they said I was not covered for the part which went wrong (steering angle sensor). the reason for not being covered was down to the fact it was not a part mentioned in the small printas being coverd. Bottom line is I cancelled my policy after a long battle with arbitration and took out a warranty with Mondial which I have made a claim on with no problems its a VW approved warranty. I wont be going back to that company again and I would not reccommend them but the choice is yours.

My friend above is right. Warranty Direct only cover EXACTLY the parts mentioned in the small print - nothing else, even if the part is integral to the function of something that is mentioned. You can't get round it - they are only doing exactly what is said on the tin! Not exactly helpful though.

I have noticed that Honest John in the Telegraph is always recommending Warranty Direct - I wonder how independant a view that is....?

This seems to be a fair description of Warraties Direct. I am a member of the TT forum and there are a lot of warranty discussions on there.

Go to www.tt-forum.co.uk and do a search.

A lot of people seem to have had the same problem with Warranties Direct.

A better company seems to be Warraties Online. Again they are fairly prescriptive about what and what is not covered but they are very clear about this and their customer service and prices are excellent. A recovery service is included.

www.warrantiesonline.co.uk

I have been with them for nearly a year on my TT and made a couple of claims that were paid out OK - and I will renew with them again.

I hope this helps !! :)

I have a warranty with a company called Mondial and it is excellent same level of warranty cover as the Audi dealer offers but at half the price. I have posted lots of messages regarding this company. If anyone wants details then by all means email me. I paid £300 for a years cover for my 1.4 A2 and have already made one claim which would have cost £150 plus. This warranty does not include a breakdown service but I have paid £120 for two years cover for VW assist used them twice already. I will be renewing it when it exspires in July.

crb1011 said:
I have a warranty with a company called Mondial

They supply all the major car dealers with their warranties including audi so basically you have an audi warranty

does anybody have the website for mondial pls.

cheers

kauto star email me and I will send you further details. Havent found the web site for them but I do have numbers etc. By the way its not an Audi warranty but an approved VW warranty well thats what the VW dealer told me when I has a claimed as they did all the claiming for me.

crb1011 said:
I have a warranty with a company called Mondial and it is excellent same level of warranty cover as the Audi dealer offers but at half the price. I have posted lots of messages regarding this company. If anyone wants details then by all means email me. I paid £300 for a years cover for my 1.4 A2 and have already made one claim which would have cost £150 plus. This warranty does not include a breakdown service but I have paid £120 for two years cover for VW assist used them twice already. I will be renewing it when it exspires in July.
Herewith.
www.mondial-assistance.co.uk
telephone. 020 8881 2525.
Good company, one of Europes largest insurers. My son works there so I always get a good deal. They are very competitive and are straightforward and reliable. That's worth a lot these days.

OLD GIT: well thats great to hear and I see you have the web site too. looking at the address no wonder I had trouble finding it.

Back in may last year I posted a problem I had with the steering angle sensor failing which because i didnt have a warranty cost me £271. I did have a warranty with warranty direct but they refused to payout as it was not a mentioned item. This policy was promptly cancelled. Before I went for warranty direct I tried to renew my existing policy with VW but they were not renewing at that time due to regulations. They did say that any claims would be honoured. Well I have just managed to get a full refund only taken 10 months and a lot of phone calls. I think I was lucky as all the leg work was done by a very nice lady at my local VW garage who was determined to get a result. Havent got the cheque yet but its on its way. Hats off to my local VW garage

yeah warranty direct aren't very good it seems, heard lots of stories about them after i took out the warranty (typical).
Car went in last week for new rear door locks and front window motor. Warranty direct said that they would pay for this.
Also got told by the Audi garage that my Cat converter was the cause of a noise that i had been hearing.
I called up warranty direct and they weren't having none of it.
In a way im lucky they payed for the door locks and the motor coz that alone cost £1244.95.
New cat is gonna do me in 600 quid. ;o(
Great service by lea valley audi though.

Definately gonna get that Mondial Warranty that everyone has been singing praises about. got 7 months of warranty direct one left.

Cheers for the info by the way chris

I thought that the Cat converter was covered for life. Maybe someone out there knows if that is true or not.

Just recieved a quote from Mondial for my A2tdi they want £623.00 needless to say I won't be taking up their offer

I only paid £299 for my 1.4 petrol I think the bigger the engine the more expensive it becomes. Sounds like if you dont have a 1.4 petrol you maybe better off going for the Audi warranty believe they cost £600 across the board not sure though

Got my renewal notice through today for another years warranty from Mondial Uk. It will cost me £267 for a full years warranty now thats what I call lucky. It does have a limit of upto £10000 on an individual claim which I think should be Ok. there is no limit to the number of claims that can be made. I shall of course be taking this out bearing in mind the ammount of claims I made during the last year of cover.

have they got a phone number on your` renewal?? I spoke to a woman there who said they only do warranties for BMW and Mazda:confused:

phone number that I have for mondial warranty is 0845 641 9798 looking at the warranty it does not cover everything all motors are excluded but engine,gear box, clutch,steering systems and suspention and braking systems along with abs sensors and all ecu's

Just got the full details of the warranty from Mondial and its NOT as good as I first thought. It does not cover motors which means no electris windows are covered central locking not covered fitted sun roofs not covered alarm systems not covered the list goes on. Spoke to Mondial and they confirmed this as the car is over 4 years old. Wont be buying this one. As I am a member of the CSMA I had a look at their warranty they use Car Care Plan and you can have an option pack added to the standard cover which covers all the above plus it also covers all the ECU's starter motor alternator and fitted alarms. You can also have an MOT cover which will replace anything that would fail the MOT the price ......... £167 now that sounds good to me. If anyone wants to look into this just follow the link I think you need to be a member but membership is only £12 a year
www.csma.uk.com/finance/insurance/car-warranty/?16

I have just bought a warranty today with Audi. £623 but covers most stuff, plus a good dealership can always help you out if on your side with warranty claims.

The £623 sounds expensive, but so are even minor claims :eek:

I am pretty sure it will pay for itself.

Back