dynamat sound proofing

manhattan$

Past Member
has anyone here fitted dynamat or a similar sound proofing to their A2?

if so did it actually reduce road and exhaust noise and improve the sound output from your car audio system?

how much sq feet would be required to do all 4 doors,the boot area and most of the floor area.

i have also heard that when this is fitted to the inside of the door skins it can help protect against car park dents,by making the panel stronger and stiffer.

manhattan$ said:
has anyone here fitted dynamat or a similar sound proofing to their A2?
Personally I wouldn’t buy Dynamat,, it cost way too much. For an equally as good alternative, get down to your local PARTCO or BROWN BROTHERS and order some of their Sound Deadening Packs. They come in a box of 10 sheets and they are 500mm by 200mm per sheet.

Usually around the £20 mark and a box can cover both front doors or the entire floor section if you can get total assess.

I have done my whole car bar the roof. Each door has a double layer on the outer skin, a single layer on the inner panel on both sides and a single layer on the door card. All that was silver is now black.

The entire trunk area is done and so is the entire tailgate.. and if you hadn’t guess this is all because of some serious sounds in the car.

I spent less than £100 and some to spare. The same amount of material using Dynamat would have cost about £600.

Fitting it is easy, you stick a sheet in a low temp oven for a min or so and it comes out all warm and floppy,, you run to the car/panel, press it into place and just mould it with your hands.. It goes on like a glove and sticks like whats it to a blanket..

Does it work, yes.. Major reduction of about 4dB – 6dB in road noise on my model – I have an SPL meter, so I tested it.. I did it before I put in the mega sound system but there are no door rattles and when you consider I have a 5 way system in each door set up of which two units are 175mm bass units per door,, this is a major endorsement.

The part number you need is BDPBPSDP10

Also checkout his post http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=5156&highlight=partco

thanks EF MAX,
that link was a good read.

the company i work for actually uses partco as a pick up point and i know one of the staff members so i may get some staff discount! :rolleyes:

dynamat / second skin / max mat - butyl based products with aluminium constraining layer. See sounddeadenershowdown.com for more info.

Bret

Back