replacement key remote

Scotvoice

I have lost my key and am using the spare. I spoke to a dealer who quoted nearly £150 for a new one. Is there another way to get a key remote? Its the one that opens the central locking, the boot and closes everything. Also turns on the alarm.

tNALKS

Hi Scotvoice, Welcome to the A2oc
There are plenty of key remotes on e.bay so you could possibly buy one then get the dealer to cut the key profile and have it coded to match the car. (I'd check the Dealer price for this work before you go ahead) If you know someone with VagCom diagnostic software they could do the coding for you.
Can any Club members confirm this ????

Cheers Spike

Cuttin' Keys

I got a key cut quite recently.
The actual key itself and cost of cutting is £90 and then another £60 on top for reprogramming.

When I asked the local dealer whether he would cut a key that I provided (i.e. one that I got off ebay) he insisted that no dealer would cut a key that could not be confirmed as sourced from Audi which I'm sure is BS.

I eventually bought the key from the dealer and got it cut at the dealer but got it programmed for free when I took my car into a an unofficial Audi garage for other repairs (Wheelbase in Hersham)

Back