alarm problem

andyw

can anyone help!
my car alarm keeps activating itself making a beeping noise like an alarm clock

ive tried deactivating the interior sensor via the button just inside the drivers door,but this hasnt solved the problem

dose anyone have any ideas or had a similar fault?

Possibly a door or the tailgate not quite latched shut? Happened to me once on one day, and then not again.... :confused:

andyw said:
can anyone help!
my car alarm keeps activating itself making a beeping noise like an alarm clock

ive tried deactivating the interior sensor via the button just inside the drivers door,but this hasnt solved the problem

dose anyone have any ideas or had a similar fault?

The 'beeping like an alarm clock' is the pathetic alarm Audi fit, probably scared it would wake someone if it was louder and get sued!

spike said:
Hi andyw, welcome to the A2oc
In addition to the suggestions above, check the front service flap is fully closed. If the problem still persists, it could be a faulty module - check out the link attached
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3329&highlight=beep

Cheers Spike
hi spike
ur spot on with the front service flap not being closed fully.unfortunatly i got so fed up with the constant beeping,i took the car to an audi dealer before reading ur messege and was charged £98 to have the flap adjusted

thanx for the tip anyway andyw

tdiman said:
The 'beeping like an alarm clock' is the pathetic alarm Audi fit, probably scared it would wake someone if it was louder and get sued!
it kept me awake half the night,perhaps i should sue

cheers anyway andyw

GrayB said:
Possibly a door or the tailgate not quite latched shut? Happened to me once on one day, and then not again.... :confused:
hi Grayb
it was the front service flap causing problems,but thanx for the tip
andyw

Hi andyw
Sorry to hear you robbed by the stealer but thanks for letting us know the service flap was the problem. At least it's fixed and hopefully you will continue to enjoy the A2.

Cheers Spike

Back