Window Tints

m i k e

i'm currently looking at getting my A2 tinted and have been wondering on level tint to get done, ideally i'm hoping our fellow tech director to reply to this as i know he's had his done and i've seen it in the flesh.

So question is, do i go for 35% tints all round or 20%?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, Tank has been tinted and I've chosen to go for 20% from the B pillar back and 35% forwards of it.

This way, you can clearly see (or plod can) that there is a difference from front to back and also, with a 35% tint, they can see inside the vehicle.

Don't forget though, I have an un-fettered OpenSky which adds light to the interior, so you may only be able to get away with a 50% tint on the fronts.

I've had absolutely no issues over the tints and as long as you drive responsibly, then neither should you.

I had mine done in Bredbury near Stockport and it cost £350 all in - budget for about 6 hours as well.

Cheers,

Mike

Well i've been thinking about it since i created this thread, and my options are:

- all 35%
- 20% on the back and 35% on the front, the thing is i don't like it looking lighter on the front than the back!

What exactly do you mean Mike with the 'un-fettered opensky'? I too have OpenSky and with my interior being beige leather and black dashboard, i feel that maybe even a 35% tint might look quite light. It's a right pain on what i want because i can't see what it's like before i get it and i don't want it too dark, or too light.

The place i've found are in Altrincham, and i can get them to do all of mine with a full life time guarantee in a day for £200. A mate had his merc A-class done last year and it was a really good job so i know i can trust these guys.

Cheers,

Mike

I had a light-ish tint all round as I didn't want it looking like a van/hearse. Trouble is I can't remember the %age tint it was. It wasn't the lightest or darkest. The darkest was too much and the lightest didn't seem worth the bother. But I'm very pleased with it and mine cost £240 all in, locally. They used Johnson films, if that means anything to anyone.

By unfettered, I meant that the blinds have been removed, which significantly increases the amount of light coming in.

I forgot that you've got a light interior and OpenSky - I think you should be ok with 35% all round.

If you want to have a look at Tank to make sure, just drop me a line. I'm in work Thursday and Friday, so we can meet up as before if you like.

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
By unfettered, I meant that the blinds have been removed, which significantly increases the amount of light coming in.

I forgot that you've got a light interior and OpenSky - I think you should be ok with 35% all round.

If you want to have a look at Tank to make sure, just drop me a line. I'm in work Thursday and Friday, so we can meet up as before if you like.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers for the offer Mike but i should be fine, i'm in a similar boat as you with no blinds on my OpenSky, it's booked in for tomorrow and i'm thinking i'll end up going for the 20%/35% set up as i don't want it too light, and the difference between the windows can't be that much surely?

I see this set up of being the best all round, even if i have to remove the front two windows because of the coppers, i wouldn't want the back windows to be too light, so a 20% tint should be about right for the back :)

Cheers guys,

Mike

Back