Interior colour

tigas

Hi, the interior of my A2 is dark, but I'm not sure if it's dark grey or black. I'd hazard black, but just to be sure, the interior code in the sticker is N0G/YB.

Can anyone confirm this? I'd like to get some interior parts from VAGparts and I'd need to be sure of this. Thank you.

[edit] Yep, I've checked some more threads, N0G is "Sinus" upholstery, but the YB part includes the dash and is still missing in action, as far as I can tell [/edit]

Last edited:
Easiest thing to do is remove the small trinket tray from the back of the handbrake (it just pulls straight up and out) and have a look at what's on the bottom of it. My guess is that it'll have the code '6PS' somewhere, in whick case you have 'Soul black' interior.

Cheers,

Mike

Hmm if its a 2000 model, would it be 'Soul Black'? I am sure pre 2002 were just 'black'? or am i thinking of something else :confused:

What's on the bottom is a paper sticker like the ones that were used to stick prices in the supermarket? Is that it? How old tech!

I can tell you it's not 6PS, but I can't remember now what it is. I'll go outside and check.

[edit] So, the trinket tray is 8Z0.863.267, with a sticker "26Z". I believe it's light gray, because I can't see how something even whiter could be put in a car, but I can always get surprised.

The dash is black, everything else is 26Z (the glovebox, central console, doors, carpets and roof) [/edit]

Last edited:
26Z is the dark gray! I removed most dark gray and put in the ligt gray into my car.
I have the following numbers for the light gray::confused:
8Z0 867 457 A E59 - Verkleidung-Saeule A platin
8Z0 867 458 A E59 - Verkleidung Saeule A platin
8Z1 867 239 D E59 - Verkleidung Säule B platin
8Z1 867 240 B E59 - Verkleidung Säule B platin
8Z0 867 767 D E59 - Verkleidung Saeule C platin
8Z0 867 768 D E59 - Verkleidung Saeule C platin
8Z1 857 919 C EC3 - Ablagefach (Fahrerseite) platin-hell (grau)
8Z0 880 492 G EC3 Verkleidung platin-hell (grau) ok Dreieckfenster
--So it is E59! and the parts covered with softpaint are EC3. (under stearingweel).
And the upper part from second pillar (B) is 5V5:
8Z0 867 243 G 5V5 - Verkleidung Saeule B für Fzg. mit Kopfairbag platin-hell (grau)
the carpet in the trung in light gray is 78H

I have to take some pictures of my A2 and stick them in the Gallery. I can't call that "dark gray"! But hey, it's also supposed to be Brilliant Blue, and looks black at night. Oooh, all cats are gray.

Audi calls it gray. But as there is a light gray, I call the 26Z dark gray.
First pic with yellow Armrest is black (called "soul") second doorpannel is dark gray ("swing" 26Z) and the third pic showes a dark gray part and a ligth gray part ("platin light"). Last pic showes the dark gray. The light gray by the way is same as light as the sky in your car is. (not S-line, they have a black sky).

By the way: Here is the manufacturer of Audis Softpaint /softcoat/Softlack (in German):
Mankiewicz Gebr. & Co.
Georg-Wilhelm-Straße 189
D-21107 Hamburg
Telefon: + 49 (0) 40 75 10 30
Telefax: + 49 (0) 40 75 10 34 15
E-Mail: [email protected]
www.mankiewicz.de

some colores: http://vwgroupabscontract.putsch.de/de/farbenh200.html

Last edited:
You find EC3 for the platin gray (light gray). And ian.. you are wrong, the second pic is the dark gray. But I agree, that is is hard to say. I got pics from all inteurior parts for the A2 in light gray, and I thought, they are dark gray! It onla depends on the picture and how it had been taken (how light it was at time of shooting the picture.
But it is so simple: Got and visite our German A2-forum and see the gallery or othe pics.
But I sayd before, that the dark gra is darker than the sky in your car! And the light gray is same as light as the sky in your car!

Her comes only pictures with the light gray:

Last edited:
And now only the dark gray (26Z): (you see the third pic verry looks like the light gray but I am verry shure it is the dark gray)
You see, it verry deponds on the pictures it selfe.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of buying an Audi A2 and I just love the light grey interiors - thanks for explaining the difference between dark gray and light grey, you guys, I had no idea why I like some interiors so much and others...not that much :).

Now with the upholstery questions: in the 2 pictures below are the exact colors I love. The plastic thingies are light grey, but what color is the upholstery? Light grey also? And what fabric – I found that the options were Matrix, Jacquard Satin, Cirrus and Satellite.

I would like to have a plain upholstery (no marks/ patterns like Matrix or Jacquard Satin) but I think they all have it (I’m not sure about Satellite, could be plain, but I think Cirrus has a small pattern – not that disturbing, thou).

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

View attachment 567

View attachment 568

Hi ReliKa
It looks like Sinus light Grey - see scan from a Nov 2002 brochure

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Thanks a million Spike :)

I thought Satellite was Matrix, now i'm not sure what Matrix looks like. And it appears that "Cirrus" is "Sinus".
Anyway, I think "Sinus" or "Satellite" it's what I'll go for :)

See picture of the various interior parts with their colour codes and in which interiors they are used.

A2-interiorparts-colourcodes.jpg

Hope this is helpfull, if you find a replacement part.

cu,
Louis

Last edited:
Back