horns

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickbow

i have just taken deliver of my a2 tdi, i would like to change the pathetic single tone horn, will the audi a8 fit?, has anybody changed theirs ? ps great site

No, but I hate it as well, it sounds like the one they had on Chity choty bang bang, terrible, if you doochange it let us know for how much and how easy it was etc.....

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

Me too - I hate the Poot! Poot! of the standard horn. My significant other tells me it sounds just like Mr Toad's car from Wind in the Willows. And we can't have that now can we!

I need to change it to something deep and meaningful - I should like to leave people (especialy White Van Man) with tinnitus if horn has to be deployed.

As you can tell I need a solution and quick!

Take Care out there

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

I think you can use every horn you want. It's very simple to do. there are 2 wires + and -. So you can use every horn you want, just a matter of wiring another one.

Some think I am genius,
Others just can't think...

Any Italian car horn should do ... a bit more flamboyant and less politically correct than the german car horns.

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

Has anyone actually changed their horn ? Where exactly is it ?

I think we are all agreed its pretty embarassing to use - it always reminds me of Noddy's car.

Surely this is a marketing opportunity for someone ?

Dave

1.6SE

OK smart alecs.
Where is it?
I think it is behiond the front bumper and removal is a pig of a job.
I was originally quoted £50 to remove the bumper and retro fit a non standard Audi low tone horn (£2.50) to complement the existing one. An A3 wind tone setup was £70.
If you can get access to it easily I willbe the first to do it, but looking at the workshop manual (oops shouldn't have said that) the bumper removal is a pig. Lots and lots of clips catches and bolts to break in the cold.
Allegedey
Although I hate the sound I have had to use it in anger at a buffoon reversing a trailer out of a farm entrance and he obviously heard it some considerable distance away.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Maybe it's easier to use a garage bridge to look under the A2. There should be some plates at the bottom but those should be easily removed.
One important thing is to look at the current the new horn will use, it should match the current of the horn that's already fitted. It's easy to change the fuse but I'm not sure the wiring can hold 18 Amps or something like that.
it should be fun to install a musical horn aswell and use a switch to switch between the normal horn and the musical one.
To bad that my precious is a companycar, my girlfriend will not allow me to spend any money on it.....

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Current is not a problem as there is a relay in the circuit BUT the horn is not accessible from under the car.
Where is the little blighter?

icon_smile_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back