lowered now more bouncy !

i have had my A2 for a while now and have recently had it remapped and lowered , the remap has transformed the car .
The lowered suspension using Sportec springs looks great but i have found it a little more bouncy .
I have searched and found some threads refering to Koni FSD's which sound good , i have Koni coilovers on my TT and they are superb
Are there alternatives to the Koni FSD's , i am not looking to spend much more cash at the moment but want an improvement on oem

Any suggestions

thanks

Hello Audi lurker,

I assume you lowered the A2 still using the Audi dampers, didn't you?

In that case the damping force both for compression and rebound is too weak (all regular Audi dampers in general are under-damped, even with stock springs). So a good set of sport dampers is highly recommended.

Recommendable sets of sport dampers available are:

- BILSTEIN B6 “Sport“ (up to 30 mm of lowering) or B8 “Sprint“ (lower than 30 mm). Both are mono tube high pressure gas, non-adjustable designs with identical shock characteristics.

- KONI sport (yellow) = rebound adjustable (twin tube hydraulic). Comparable to the Bilsteins above two versions are offered (the “sport“ version for up to 30 mm and the shortened model called “ SPD3“for deeper lowerings).

- KONI FSD (twin tube low pressure gas, non-adjustable but most comfortable), due to the internal design the A2 can be lifted up to 10 mm though. More info about FSD PROS and CONS here http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=45498&postcount=80

- SACHS „Performance Sport“ (twin tube low pressure gas), front #995 610 and rear #114 745, non-adjustable

- WEITEC (twin tube low pressure gas, non-adjustable). This will be the most inexpensive solution.

Apart form the price tag the decision should depend on

1. the amount of lowering (the distance between the wheel hub centre and the fender must be known)

2. the degree you intend to reduce the bouncy ride (an individually adjusted rebound force at both axes will definitely ban any bouncing tendencies).

3. if you generally do prefer gas type or hydraulic type dampers.

4. the comfort factor: FSD comes into play here.

Greets

Last edited:
Is there anyone who have tryed the SACHS Performance Sport?
I'm interested to this dampers!
Please let me know,thanks!

Back