Just got A2 and have one or two questions

minoltaman

I have just bought a 51 plate diesel A2. When inspecting the boot today I found about a 1"1/2 of water in the lower half, as anybody had this problem? Is the wiper noisy when wipping ie seems to thud on the drivers side? I found the r/h centre vent flaps lose, how can I remove to repair? After reading you forums about the doors, I am going to check the doors for cracks. Apart from this I am pleased with it

Hi and well come.

The water intrusion i would guess may be a seal.

Is the wiper hitting the b pillar or just thudding against the wind screen if the former i would say it needs adjusting if the latter probably a new wiper unless it has the newer aerowiper as fitted to the later cars.

The vents in the centre need the cup holders removing as skipton01 fixed one of mine for me im not sure how to do this but he will be along soon im sure to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps as im pretty new but some of the older members should be able to answer more.

Older members eh Drakey!;)

Anyway, welcome Minoltaman (I'm a Nikon fan myself, but there you go!).

The water in the boot is, as has been said, a well known problem and the bumper removal followed by the replacement of the 2 seals under the light clusters will sort this out.

If you have a 51 plate car, then the chances are that you have the original, heavy wiper arm and blade and these do tend to move back and forwards with a bit of a jolt. Take a look at the screen from the outside whilst the wiper is going to see if it's fouling on anything and adjust if necessary.

If you want to change to the later, lighter arm and wiper, it is a reasonable priced upgrade (less than £50 from memory) and relatively easy to do.

As to the vent issue, you'll need to remove the radio to access the 2 screws that hold the central vent in. When these are out, jiggle the vent and it'll come forwards slowly as the clips release. You'll then need to release the hazard wiring and you can then effect a repair.

Alternatively, if you are near Manchester, I'll do this for you.

Cheers,

Mike

thanks for advice

these have answered my questions thanks very much. Now to see how to remove the rear bumper. (I wish it was like my MK 1 Golf only four bolts and it came off)

Old Nikons

Older members eh Drakey!;)

Anyway, welcome Minoltaman (I'm a Nikon fan myself, but there you go!).

Hi Mike,

Here is a picture of my 30 year old Nikon F2A. Attached is a 28mm PC Nikkor on full extension. When I bought the camera the shop has two 2000mm mirror Nikkors ready for dispatch to the police. That was a special day!

John.

Back