plastic sill

snowdon

Hi has any one changed one of these. Is it a diy job ( pretty confident ) on most jobs or is it best left for body shop experts.Mine is spilt from previous owner jacking up !!! thanks

Hi snowdon
I've not changed one but it does not look too difficult. Hardest part will be release the trim which sits on top of the cill and runs along the door openings - but as the cill is scrap maybe some strategic cutting with a Dremel disc may make life easier.

Cheers Spike

There is a certain way of removing the trim cover, as shown below.

In addition to this, you'll need to remove the front and rear wheels and arch liners to release the caps at each end of the sill.

Sidemembertrimcover.jpg

Cheers,

Mike

It is quite some work, but hopefully I'll find the time to do it this weekend :) Thanks, useful info.

I have just replaced both of my plastic sills (side member trim), make sure you buy the cover trim also for the top as the chances of not breaking it are nil! I have an 03 car so it is 8 years old, the plastic is brittle so rather than fanny about with it you are better to just rip it off. I spent ages trying to remove them in one piece but lug after lug they cracked off. To remove them I used a wooden spatula, sounds daft but protects the paintwork!

Back