ABS and Traction control warning lights

The ABS and Traction control warning lights have been coming on together, I read on another site that it could be a faulty break light switch.
Ive bought a new switch but cant get to the old one to fit it. Does anyone know how to get to it? Thanks.

You'll need to remove the drivers trim panel under the dash, which means removing the lower A pillar trim first, then 2 torx screws and three clips.

Then, remove the air duct to make access easier and look for the 4-way connector way above the brake pedal - this is the brake switch. To remove it, remove the connector and then twist 90 degrees and pull. To insert the new one, just reverse the above.

Cheers,

Mike

I've an Audi Allroad as well as the wife's A2. The Allroad is on it's fourth brake light switch after 5 years. It's a common Allroad problem. Must be someting with the quality of brake light switches Audi use.

Same quality issues with indicator relays. The Allroad is on its third. It's fun driving to a dealership when you've no indicators:mad:

The ABS and Traction control warning lights have been coming on together, I read on another site that it could be a faulty break light switch.
Ive bought a new switch but cant get to the old one to fit it. Does anyone know how to get to it? Thanks.

hi there

i was wondering if you have the break light switch part number?

cheers,

Mine cost £6.93 from audi. I managed to fit it last night but it made no difference the warning lights are still coming on. :mad:

Hi mag1cstick
Sorry to hear the brake switch did not fix the problem. Not sure if it applies in this case but some faults lamps don't automatically reset at ignition off but need to be cleared manually. Short of a diagnostic scan, something else to check is the front ABS sensor wires. These can rub through particularly if 17" wheels are fitted.

Cheers Spike

Back