Wiper

Sarge

A2OC Donor
Hey guys, Apparently I have the 'old' type wiper on my car, and needed to change the blade, as I don't want to damage the new windscreen. I was told that the old wiper blade 'jumped' and 'streaked', and as I need a new wiper I decided to get a replacement.

I have seen this below that simply clips into the new style look and works like the new style without changing the complete arm.

Has anyone used these?

SARGE

new wiper type arm.

Hi Sarge,
Couple of things to watch ouy for, the mk 11 type arm/twin can be purchased from vag com, also the floppy wiper blade to go with it, but watch out for the measured lenth of blade! as A2 is a long one around 29"or so(measure your old one) i havent ever seen any other blades of this length.The arms twin cost me £35 approx, wiper floppy type £12, this was a year or so ago so prices may have altered a little, lastly if your a lucky so & so the old ones may not be seized on (tapered splines 2 of) give them plentyof penatrating oil and the best of luck,
Cheers Alan.
PS, one of the new arms has a right angled pin so fitting the wiper blade to it is a doddle.

Hi thanks for the replies, I had contacted Vag Parts and got the following reply over a week later:

Thanks for the enquiry about the A2 parts the wiper stalk will be £45.62+vat
The aero wiper kit would be £43.65+vat but at the moment we are not able to supply this kit due to a back order issue with the arm
I hope this helps
Let me know
Regards

Do I understand that you guys haven't seen this new type that I posted pics of?
Is it not better to use this one as opposed to paying a lot more for the adapter? and the a separate charge for the arm as well?

I can get replacement 20" blades only (which I have always done on my other cars, they simply slide out and the new refill slides in), that I can simply change with the existing blade which doesn't need all the fussing about, but as I haven't had the experience of this car as yet, and I have been told that the old style arm 'Judders' I thought to change it all.

Cheers
SARGE

I remember the old arms didn't judder, but you would get judder on worn out blades old or new anyway ;-)

It only looks cooler with floppy blade so I changed it. Otherwise I didn't really have issues with the old blade. IIRC some users reported the old design would lift under high speed, but I drive in London so there you go!

One advantage of the new arm is that the floppy blades are significantly cheaper to buy.

I keep thinking a 3" - 4" shorter blade would have a minimal effect on visability and be significantly less prone to judder.Must try it some time.

Cheers Spike

Hi thanks for the replies, I had contacted Vag Parts and got the following reply over a week later:

Thanks for the enquiry about the A2 parts the wiper stalk will be £45.62+vat
The aero wiper kit would be £43.65+vat but at the moment we are not able to supply this kit due to a back order issue with the arm
I hope this helps
Let me know
Regards

I Spoke to vagparts just recently as i also want to replace my wiper for the New floppy one and they said that you could wait upto 6 months for a floppy wiper arm kit but also said if i need a replacement blade for the old style wiper they can get me one for a tenner within days ....

8 weeks???
??
Maybe you should ask one of the Germans around here (like me:D ) and we could get it quick and send right to over there.

Valeo floppy blade

A friend of mine usually visits Germany and offered me the chance to buy a Valeo conversion kit for the wiper. It consists of only the clamp on the end of the original arms amd the floppy wiper blade. Any one of you know something about this kit?

I've upgraded...

I upgraded from the MKI/original wiper to the newer flexible version by purchasing the kit detailed above from VAG parts. I noticed a considerable improvement in performance and definitely no judder - which was evident in the original wiper well before the blade became worn. I have since replaced the flexible wiper blade due to wear, again from VAG parts and from memory it cost C. £15-20.

If you can get the flexible blade I would recommend it :)

The only problem is that vagparts only offer the replacement blade, and not the adaptor...

They will be available again!!!!!!! New price for a better version is 27 Euros plus postage.
http://www.a2-freun.de/forum/showthread.php?p=735319#post735319

Please make a list.

will these work with RHD cars or is it LHD only. looking at the converter it looks like it will be LHD only?

I bought a 28" aero twin copy with universal fitment off ebay but it doesnt fit. The thickness of the wiper arm is different approx double the size of normal wiper arms. It was worth a go for a fiver.

Last edited:
will these work with RHD cars or is it LHD only. looking at the converter it looks like it will be LHD only?

I bought a 28" aero twin copy with universal fitment off ebay but it doesnt fit. The thickness of the wiper arm is different approx double the size of normal wiper arms. It was worth a go for a fiver.
:D Good question. It is for LHD cars. But see the image. Looks like you can mount the parts the other side.
attachment.php

But the new version is a bit different and I need to ask for it.

New Arm?

Why don't you just do as I did. Call the local scrap-heap and get a used wiper arm from an A2 post 2002. Cost me a 20. works great:)

Cheers,

-P-

Well, I for one would be interested. I'm amazed it hasn't been offered before. My order for a universal fit floppy wiper got cancelled as they say they cannot supply one for an A2. So the only other option is to get a complete wiper arm and wiper assembly, which seems not only a huge waste of a perfectly good existing arm but also a fair bit of money at £70+.

But the standrad wiper is rubbish so I guess that's my only option...:mad:

Back