Speaker dimension?

esson

Hello again guys, I know I ask too many questions, but here I go again.
How many inches are the standard A2 speakers? I want to fit my car with some new speakers. Thanks!
Oh, dimensions in centimeters are also good. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Hi.

It is 16 cm mid/deep and 40 or 42mm Tweeters. (1.68")
This is in inches: 16/2,5 = 6,4" but 6,5 does fit but you anyway need adapters you can not buy. The ebay ones does not fit or anyway only in the rear.

Hi.

It is 16 cm mid/deep and 40 or 42mm Tweeters. (1.68")
This is in inches: 16/2,5 = 6,4" but 6,5 does fit but you anyway need adapters you can not buy. The ebay ones does not fit or anyway only in the rear.

What do you mean? I can't change my A2's speakers now?

Yes you do as all speakers are the same.

You complain about the possibility of having to pay maybe €50 to have your headunit changed in a PM to me, but yet you are willing to waste money on changing perfectly good speakers (only one of the rears is a 'little faulty' from what you have told me) - it doesn;t make sense!

Cheers,

Mike

There is a bit more space in the rear. But you anyway need custom stuff. I sold some adapters but don't have the time to fabricate more now.

Yes you do as all speakers are the same.

You complain about the possibility of having to pay maybe €50 to have your headunit changed in a PM to me, but yet you are willing to waste money on changing perfectly good speakers (only one of the rears is a 'little faulty' from what you have told me) - it doesn;t make sense!

Cheers,

Mike

The front left one is broken. Only the tweeter works in the front now. I don't have rear speakers..

it's very difficult to make this work properly. There are some ideas about how to do it, but it's complicated.

There is a template over on the German forum. Other than that, check Ebay for a replacement speaker - there are no standard fitting rings and anyone that advertised otherwise isn't necessarily telling the truth.

The issue is the door holder - that "T" shape that goes into the door - it's very close to the top of the speaker, so it means that you can't just bolt it to the door inner skin as it will stop the door opening. The movement required is an absolute pain.

Bret

Back