Soaked Boot

Krister

I must have a leak somewhere in the back. My battery and tool box keeps filling up and the carpet is wet. Had about an inch of water in the open area on the right side of the battery box/bucket. Is there a hole/plug that I'm missing or can it leak from the bootlid somehow? Can't figure this out, there's no water on the sides anywhere or visible stream. I'm thinking it gets sucked in when I drive in rain, but I need to check a couple times to be sure.

Has anyone had this problem? Desperate to find the cause!!

spoiler. If you understand German, try searching a2forum.de with "goldfische" and you'll hear the complete story.

Alternative? there's some threads here explaining another version which requires you to remove the rear bumper and there's a ventilation thingy there which gets blocked and lets water in instead of air out.

Bret

Heres a pic of where you need to re-seal matey.
Note this is under the rear bumper on both sides, and seal around the vents all round.

SARGE:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Luv the internet! So, I need to pull the bumper - easy or not so easy? Someone backed into my left rear quarter a while back. The bumper has shifted slightly forward and I'm now guessing this is why it's leaking. I never could have worked that out myself!

Any tips on where I might obtain a decent repair manual for the A2? Preferrably not in German... (I live in Sweden)

... jag talar inte svenska ;)

no, not really. OTOH, there's some instructions over the way. Does on of the Swedes here write German? I can translate where necessary, but it would be easier if it went direct rather than via another language.

Should be about half an hour or so IIRC, there are *lots* of bolts.

Bret

I'm sure your Swedish is better than my Finnish.:D In any case I can make my way through the German stuff if I have to. Do you have an instruction or is there something available on the internet?

Tnx!

Back