codes 01314 & 01366 : Anything I can do?

01314 - Engine Control Module: No Communications & 01366 - Opened Due to Crash Signal. How serious are these and is there anything I can do about them? Buy the way the car hasn't been in a crash! Cheers, Mark

01314 - Engine Control Module: No Communications & 01366 - Opened Due to Crash Signal. How serious are these and is there anything I can do about them? Buy the way the car hasn't been in a crash! Cheers, Mark

The 01314 Error seems to come up when using a vag com with the cheaper 409.1 cables & shareware soft. I had this and after going through 3 cables from different sources I concluded the 409.1 cable isn't compatible with our cars (A2) unless (maybe) the original cable.

I bought a Vag Com USB HEX 704.1 and it works first time everytime!

As for the 01336 Error, At first I'd go about checking the wiring to the crash sensors,(the ones I only know of inside the car, but may be/ should be others elsewhere) which are located either side behind the front seats, below the B pillars, around the position where the rear passengers toes would be.

Hope it helps mate

Sarge

Thanks Sarge for the positioning of the sensor, i'll take a a look. I'll also ask my service guy about which cable he is using. My EPC and engine management light come on, then next trip the EPC goes off, and then a few trips later the management light goes off, then on another trip they both come on again and so on.....Havent noticed any thing different with the car.
Thanks again for your reply much appreciated. Mark

Hi Mark
If you have not already checked, the RossTech web site is always a good starting point for fault code info -
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/01366
Assuming this fault code relates to all potential airbag faults then the wiring / connector under the seat for the side airbag is worth checking

Cheers Spike

Back