back boot

Mr Angry

A2OC Donor
hi there

ive already posted a fault with my door & ccu but now ive noticed that the boot section is flaping about where the a2tdi badge is, it seems loose at 1 side where you can kind of lift up the corner and ok on the other. i can hear like a plastic catch rolling in the boot somewhere, how do i take this off and attach it properly?

this car is giving me nightmares!!!!!!!!!!

regards me

hi there

ive already posted a fault with my door & ccu but now ive noticed that the boot section is flaping about where the a2tdi badge is, it seems loose at 1 side where you can kind of lift up the corner and ok on the other. i can hear like a plastic catch rolling in the boot somewhere, how do i take this off and attach it properly?

this car is giving me nightmares!!!!!!!!!!

regards me

First remove the tailgate interior trim panel. There are no screws, its just held on by several very tight spring clips. There is no smart way of removing the panel though it helps if you have an assistant to hold the tailgate up while you pull it off. I used a flat bladed pry bar to loosen one of the clips first but this tends to damage the edge of the fibreboard panel as you slide it in. There is a picture of the removed trim panel in the attached thread which shows where the clips are - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5881&highlight=tailgate+trim.
Removal of the numberplate panel is covered in the attachment below

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
What you'll probably find is that one of the two (or is it three) locating lugs, moulded onto the inside of the panel which then fit into the tail, is broken. When I removed the panel to change the numberplate lights on ours one was already broken and I broke the one on the otherside. I managed to use numberplate adhesive pads on the inside (scraped knuckle time i'm afraid as its very tight) and 6 months later all is well.

Cheers

Jonathan

Why do you need to remove the Rear Number Plate remove / replace the Number Plate Lamp(s) please ?

Back