brake

1. H

ABS Sensor - no fault codes

My ATL90 has developed what appears to be an ABS fault - moments after driving off, it puts up a RED brake warning light and beeps three times. I'm presuming it's lost one of the wheel sensors, but using an OBD tool reveals no fault codes lodged in the ECU, and it drives fine, brakes are fine...
  2. P

Rear Caliper Banjo Washers

Have a small fluid weep - can anyone confirm they are the usual M10 size?
  3. S

The time has come to make a decision

Hi guys, Been a minute, hope everyone's well. The time has come to make a decision, and I need some advice. I've had a wonderful year with Jim the FSI, but we've had some bad luck - the brake servo is malfunctioning. It's been nearly 3 weeks since he's been off the road with this issue, and...
  4. c.cwood

Drum Brake Binding

Hi all, I'm struggling with the rear drum brakes on my TDI. My handbrake wasn't working, I've gone for a full rebuild of the brakes as everything was looking a bit worn out. New drums, shoes and fasteners on both sides (cylinders are free and not leaking so left these). The brake on the off...
  5. larax

"Non-runner for years" 1.6 FSI worth buying?

Hi Everyone! Firstly thanks for letting me join to this group! The reason I'm here to get some advice whether worth buying an A2 which wasn't used for years or not?! Today I've been in Bradford to check out two Audi A2. (I'm currently living in Leeds) One in light blue (maybe baby blue) and...
  6. K

Brake caliper recommendation

I have one seized up caliper on the back of my TDI 90 that needs replacing quite soon and all the calipers/carriers have been poorly painted bright red by the previous owner so I'd like to change them all at some point. Is there really any difference in quality between say TRW to Pagid to the...
Back