knock

1. A

1.4 AUA / BBY Tap Tick Rattle Knock

Noisy 1.4 petrols has been mentioned a few times, and I don’t think there has really been a clear guide to diagnose and fixing the various issues that can cause this (at least not all in one place) So I thought I could add what I know, and maybe some of the other experienced members of the...
  2. tagscuderia

OSS knock.

Hi, had a trip up to Edinburgh recently and took a detour to Grey Mare's Tail near Moffat (well worth a look if you're in the area, the walk to Loch Skeen is beautiful), unfortunately the road was littered with pot holes and didn't see one... hitting it at 30 MPH! OE suspension and 17" wheels...
  3. tagscuderia

Driver's side front suspension issue.

Bought an A2 a couple of weeks back, serviced and MOT'd and also had the Audi dealer "complimentary health check." Only flags are rear tyres with 2.2mm tread and 80% worn front bake pads. Everything else (apart from my other thread regards a creaking dash)... big thumbs up! Well, almost; I'm...
  4. C

Big end knocking - help !!

Hi everybody I have a 1.4 petrol A2 that has just recently shown an oil level light - we have topped up the oil regulalry which puts the light out - only today the light came on then almost immediately I got that dreaded bottom end knock - well my partner did - I went to her rescue and it...
Back