1.4 TDI -04 wiggle in the hose/intake manifold interface

Zacharias

Hello,

I have done some looking around under the bonnet while exchanging the injector harness and found that were the hose from the inter cooler connect to the inlet manifold it feels a bit wiggly...when I grab the hose close to the aluminum intake I can wiggle it slightly with a clunking noise as a result, is this normal? I can not pull the hose off and it feels like it is well attached but it is like it is mounted on a steel pipe that are not solid in the manifold πŸ€” I did not have the time to remove the hose but it felt strange

Hello,

I have done some looking around under the bonnet while exchanging the injector harness and found that were the hose from the inter cooler connect to the inlet manifold it feels a bit wiggly...when I grab the hose close to the aluminum intake I can wiggle it slightly with a clunking noise as a result, is this normal? I can not pull the hose off and it feels like it is well attached but it is like it is mounted on a steel pipe that are not solid in the manifold πŸ€” I did not have the time to remove the hose but it felt strange
Isolation mount is broken underneath the bracket
EBay item no: 304315500216
Hope that helps
Keith.

Hello,

ArΔ™ you referring to the hose going into the intake manifold that is secured with a metal clip ? I always wonder it that suppose to wiggle like that...

Nope LHD has a different air manifold set up so no support bracket or isolator fitted. The metal clip and indeed the pipe itself does fret and become looser over time. Would say when new it was a tight and thus air tight joint but now probably not so. As for a fix either replacement parts or perhaps try to wrap the outside with some type of tape ( aluminium? ) to support the joint and make it air tight again.

ArΔ™ you referring to the hose going into the intake manifold that is secured with a metal clip ? I always wonder it that suppose to wiggle like that...
Yes, were it goes from hose to aluminium, it feels like the part the hose is clamped on to has somehow got loose, I also wonder if it can be loose but still air tight?

If you take this clip off - there should be a rubber seal on the end of the metal element that goes into the intake manifold (first picture) - but while I tried to find the part number for it I was not able to do so, as on the diagram there is only the hose and the clamp, and on the other page is only the entrance to the Anti Shudder Valve ...

1710789094744.png

Nope LHD has a different air manifold set up so no support bracket or isolator fitted. The metal clip and indeed the pipe itself does fret and become looser over time. Would say when new it was a tight and thus air tight joint but now probably not so. As for a fix either replacement parts or perhaps try to wrap the outside with some type of tape ( aluminium? ) to support the joint and make it air tight again.
Thanks, I will look in to it, since it is pressurized by the turbo I guess it could leak a bit..

If you take this clip off - there should be a rubber seal on the end of the metal element that goes into the intake manifold (first picture) - but while I tried to find the part number for it I was not able to do so, as on the diagram there is only the hose and the clamp, and on the other page is only the entrance to the Anti Shudder Valve ...

View attachment 120925
Aaa, that looks like it feels like πŸ™‚ so it is wiggly by design πŸ™‚ Strange way of doing it, but then it might not be broken anyway,πŸ™‚

Interested in this. My car is the same. I have replaced the o ring seal which helped. However I need to replace the aluminium connector tube. I've been unable to find one anywhere

Someone else had this problem and it was down to the two little metal stud things that are in the photo, they had been damaged so it was very loose, I had a spare and sent it to him and that cured his problem.

Soo I did some reaserch about this pipe and it’s seal:
1. Seal can be replaced - diameter for it installation is about 47mm - therefore 3C0145117B should be fine (it is 46,2)
2. I will try to find if the metal sleeve can be bought separately.

IMG_6751.jpeg

Back