1.4 TDI parking down hill

Zacharias

Hello.

I have had some problems getting the 1.4 TDI -04 to start and have searched the forum for some days, changing fuel filter, cleaning, checking hoses for leaks ( this one is hard but at least nothing leaks out, could still be sucking air) it worked fine during winter as long as it was -degrees but now the problems are back and worse. Now it seams I get Miss fires when the car is getting warm ( approx 15 min) I have ordered a new injector loom and will change it next week and hope it will help... But one thing that has been a thing for almost 2 years is if I park it in a slope with the front up for some time I will have problems and if it is over night I am lucky if it starts without emptying the battery.
I have searched the forum an I can say I am not alone but I could not find a reason or fix for it, any one got a clue?

First time it happened I thought the fuel was going back to the tank but I am not so sure..
It does behave similar to older petrol cars I had when the one way valve broke in the fuel pump..

Sorry for the long text, I guess I will keep changing out parts if no one has a solution, I hope the wiring loom fix the miss fires but will be surprised if the other issue would be fixed by that.

I did a check with VCDS and have no codes about miss fires but something about ABS ..

BR
Fredrik

Last edited:
If so, any ideas on were it could leak? I got the aluminum bleed screw mod for the fuel filter since the home cooked fix that was on there before was the easiest to change 😆

Turn the sound down. My engine sounds like a tractor

Clear pipe to fuel pump

If so, any ideas on were it could leak? I got the aluminum bleed screw mod for the fuel filter since the home cooked fix that was on there before was the easiest to change 😆

Any of the hose connections the hoses are old by now and lose elasticity. Cracks are a possibility

Last edited:
Back