1.4 TDI Track Rod ends

A2Z

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

Just looking to order a pair of track rod ends for a late 2003 amf TDI as when I serviced the car at the weekend I noticed that the rubbers had split slightly so need to replace them before the imminent MOT.

I always try my best to stick with original parts to maintain the factory quality of the car but all I'm finding available to collect today is Delphi which although an OEM supplier wouldn't be my first choice.

My question is has anyone any experience of using these and would there be any other recommendations for other brands, good or bad, to use or to avoid?

I have seen some Lemforder one's but they aren't in stock so i would have to wait a day or two for them to come in and ideally would like to do the job this evening. They are also more than half the price again compared to the Delphi one's, which I don't mind paying if they are substantially better but obviously not if they aren't and the Delphi one's are just as good!

TIA 👍

If anyone knows what brand the original part is that would be appreciated as I can't tell until I remove it and the car needs to kept usable?

Back in Sept last I bought 2x Lemforder Tie Rod Ends for £56 at Europarts who were just a few miles away and had them in stock. Like you I was having trouble finding them online. I'm sure the originals were no longer available. The Lemforder ones were made in Brazil if I remember correctly [I was hoping they would be made in Sweden or maybe Europe but at least they weren't Chinese].

Reactions: A2Z
Back