2 issues: Audi Bluetooth and Voice Control

dj_efk

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Firstly, does anyone know how to reset the Audi voice control? I had this fitted by Tom @timmus and it worked great. Then my dashcam ran the car’s battery down and ever since, both my wife and I are experiencing random disconnection from our phones when driving - and without fail it does it mid-call before reconnecting 10 seconds later. As it happens to us both it’s an issue with the car rather than our phones - I think a reset should cure it?

I have Colour DIS as well in case that’s relevant.

The other question I have is - how do you use voice control and what can it do? It seems a mystery to me!

Can anyone help with either of these?

(Tom, if you read this, I’ve WhatsApp’d you and sent messages on here over the last couple of months but I assume you’ve not seen them or are busy)

Hi David,

Tom, if you read this, I’ve WhatsApp’d you and sent messages on here over the last couple of months but I assume you’ve not seen them or are busy
I was aware that some messages had arrived from you, but they appeared at first glance to be quite Leighton-Buzzard-themed and therefore didn't get my immediate attention as the next 'down south residency' is still some considerable time away.

Two weeks today, I am having surgery on my left knee (to those with prior knowledge of this, the underlying issue has finally been found). After surgery, I'll be incapacitated for a while, meaning that I've been spending the last few months trying to do all the practical/physical stuff that I won't be able to do for a while. During my post-operative recovery, I should have lots of time to get on top of my inboxes. My apologies for the delayed reply; I never wish anybody to feel ignored.

The other question I have is - how do you use voice control and what can it do? It seems a mystery to me!
My usual working practice is to demonstrate the functionality and proper use of every feature that I retrofit for fellow A2 owners. I want everybody to drive away with the understanding to get the most out of their car's new options.
Unfortunately, in this particular case, the car was delivered and collected by a car transporter, meaning we never had this opportunity. This lack of opportunity to demonstrate every feature was always the downside of our remote arrangement.

There is no denying that the easiest way to demonstrate the voice control feature is to do it in person. It's a shame that our one meeting in Leighton Buzzard didn't provide sufficient time to also cover this topic.
Clearly, the voice control feature is nothing compared to Siri/Alexa, etc. Compared to modern AI-assisted, internet-connected voice control systems, the voice control feature in the A2 feels very basic and rudimentary. The truth is that you're not missing much; nothing is unlocked that cannot be achieved by other methods. Nevertheless, it has a few handy features and I'd be delighted to guide you through it when our paths next cross.

my dashcam ran the car’s battery down and ever since, both my wife and I are experiencing random disconnection from our phones when driving - and without fail it does it mid-call before reconnecting 10 seconds later. As it happens to us both it’s an issue with the car rather than our phones - I think a reset should cure it?
My first suggestion would be to pull fuse 2 (yellow, 20A) for a while. This should starve the Bluetooth module of power and cause it to boot from scratch when the fuse is replaced. There could, of course, be a hardware fault, but let's cover the easy options first. :)

All the best, and apologies that a public post was needed to get my attention on this.

Tom

Last edited:
Thanks Tom, no apology needed - I just thought you’re busy and hence threw it open to others on the forum to troubleshoot.

Hope your knee surgery goes well.

Last edited:
Afternoon David,

Whilst I know this request is in hand and will be resolved in time, I’ll send you the RNS-E PU operating manual via WhatsApp right now. This will give you more than enough information to digest a work things out for yourself.

Kind regards,

Tom

Note that @dj_efk does not have RNS-E in his A2.

Cheers,

Tom
Apologies for misunderstanding,

I assumed that the information request was regarding the SDS functionality of the RNS-E as it too is quite rudimentary.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back