2023 Start of season meal - preferred date poll

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
Just looking at possible dates to start our social season off with our start of season meal. I was looking at 25th March, but there is an event on at Silverstone that weekend so hotel prices are expensive The week beore clashes with Mothers' Day so thought about 11th March or 1st April. Please let us know what option you prefer via the poll (if both dates work you can select both)
Thank you

Afternoon Teresa,

Both dates work splendid for me. See you there at whichever is selected.

Kind regards,

Tom

Why does it have to be near Silverstone?

Ian
To be honest, it doesn't have to be. Fort Dunlop had served us well for a long time, but numbers had gone down and the restaurant changed hands, so the experience wasn't quite the same. The hotel cost had also gone up considerably. So I had a search for somewhere else that met our criteria- relatively central location, with easy access to motorway networks. Large car park, reasonable hotel cost and quality wise and a restaurant onsite that will take a big booking.
I found the Green Man at Brackley that had the advantage of being next to Silverstone if people fancied a visit.
We had great feedback from the end of season one we had there, so ive stuck to it t the moment, but if anyone has suggestions for other places, I'm really happy to explore options and run a poll on preferences. There is nothing to say that the start and end of season meals have to be in the same place

To be honest we are only a couple of hours from Silverstone, it’s just there never seems to be anything down South. I get that you are trying for a central location, but would it be better to move around a catch a different part of the country each time?
Not criticising, as I know these events take huge effort, just wondering.

Ian

To be honest we are only a couple of hours from Silverstone, it’s just there never seems to be anything down South. I get that you are trying for a central location, but would it be better to move around a catch a different part of the country each time?
Not criticising, as I know these events take huge effort, just wondering.

Ian
Absolutely, I completely agree. We want to get the biggest reach possible, so I'm always happy to explore possibilities if someone has a venue in their area that would make a great place for a start or end of season meal, or even a meet up, I'm really happy to explore options and make arrangements. And/or, we also arrange meals the night before socials, so for example the night before Simply Audi? I'm always open to ideas for places, but stuck out in Norfolk, I do struggle with a lack of local knowledge of good places to go in other areas

Just looking at possible dates to start our social season off with our start of season meal. I was looking at 25th March, but there is an event on at Silverstone that weekend so hotel prices are expensive The week beore clashes with Mothers' Day so thought about 11th March or 1st April. Please let us know what option you prefer via the poll (if both dates work you can select both)
Thank you
Hey Teresa,

Am available for both dates! Thanks.

thank you - there seemed to be a slight preference fo 1st April, so ive gone for that :)

Back