94 year old restores 1930s Talbot Darracq

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
I found this story on the BBC website today heartening. Shows we are never to old to learn and get our hands dirty. Chap, when aged 90, decided to get a 3D printer (that's a learning curve) and create a model of his father's 1930s Talbot Darracq. Whilst researching he came across the actual car at an auction so he bought it as a "wreck" and spent the last 4 years restoring it. OK, some work was contracted out but he reckons he has put in 1,000 hours.

Bloody hell! Iā€™m 55 and can barely master a normal printer!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I've been using AutoDesk Fusion 360 with my 3D printer and it's quite a challenge working in 3 dimensions. Does tend to fry the brain!

As for printers - don't remind me of trying to get my printer working when I moved to Win 10 - that's why have no hair!.

Last edited:
I recently went to a VW car show and there was an elderly chap (must have been 70/80+) who'd constructed a Metro 6R4 replica from a standard shopper. It was immaculate. I say well done. Probably gives him a reason to carry on and why not.
Perhaps local old people's homes ought to have "workshops" to allow those that are willing and able to enjoy their final years doing "stuff"

Back