A2 Arrives Tomorrow - Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

Due to collect my A2 tomorrow! Could you guys suggest what I should check out/over before I sign to say yes this is acceptable and I have received it. If we can get a bulleted list together maybe we could make the result a sticky?

Thanks

Ade

A2 1.4 SE petrol (Azure Blue) + DIS, OpenSky, Electric Lumbar, Metallic Paint/Climate.

Ade,

I think the excitement in collecting a new car is too much to contemplate incorporating a check list. Moreover I am not specifically aware of any A2 that has shown sight of any fault immediately upon collection. These normally occur after driving a good few miles, however do have a good look at the paintwork before driving away, because you would not wish to get involved in any future argument over who might have scratched the car.

Regards
John Disdale

I agree with JD. Also suggest making sure there is nothing obviously missing, eg handbook, tools or tyre kit, and the car has the options you ordered.

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

I agree I'm excited, but I don't want to drive away with something missing, e.g. special oil in boot, really floppy windscreen wiper, how many remote key fobs, etc., front access panel stuck or similar....

You've mentioned most of them but I drove off without the tyre compressor, so check all the bits in the foam box in the boot..extra keys...take it for a test drive and check for odd noises, honking (see previous posts re exhaust gas recirculating valve),check the locking wheel nut adaptor, bag with longlife SLX oil in it, check alloys for kerbing scrapes...er..can't think of anything else. Enjoy the day, and have fun.

Make sure the service module opens- and have a go yourself! I got 2 remote keys with mine and a little plastic bit with code I think. The handbook comes in a nice pouch with other bits of info. Check for tyre sealant/spare wheel and compressor and tools in boot. Warning triangle and first aid kit on left. Special oil in a posh carry bag and depending on what spec your car is, folding floor and parcel cover.

Your dealer should go through everything with you, and show you round the car and how things work inside.

Have a good day, and let us know how it goes. I'm interested to hear if u have any probs with your service module as I did/have with mine (just wont open) and I've only had the car 25 days.

ENJOY

2003 A2 1.4 SE in Cobalt blue, black interior, Climate Control, Winter Pack

Ade
Good luck, hope it goes well, but do check:

They have removed the delivery packing from the front suspension coils
The exhaust gas recirculation valve isn't making a noise, and if it is and the dealer says that's how it is, tell him to phone Audi HQ
The radio FM reception works (don't bother with AM, it never works)
The driver seat doesn't squeek
The rear seats don't squeek
The boot close properly and doesn't give you a false display on the dash telling you it's open
The washers are adjusted correctly
The rear nearside door and window are aligned properly and don't allow fresh air in when shut
The car is cleaned properly and no traces of polish are left on the panels
The brake pedal doesn't squeek when pressed
The clutch doesn't feel like it's operating a ratchet mechanism
A wheel bearing replacement after 700 miles

And if you do have to return to the dealer with a problem, expect them to keep the car for longer than they origanally told you, not tell you this fact when you have come to pick the car up, and scratch the dashboard when they are trying to fix a problem. Oh, and don't expect an apology for the week and half your car is off the road.

Just my personal experiences of course.

And enjoy your A2, I'm sure you can't do any worse than me or a few other on this forum.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Ade,

you should definitely check out the admiring glances from other drivers as they appreciate your good taste in having bought an A2.

Enjoy your first day, happy motoring.

JR

A2 1.6 FSI, Cobalt blue, OpenSky, etc.

Thanks for the advice guys, I think the bullets above would make a good sticky, like you say I'll be itching to drive it away and visit TESCO's asap for the admiring glances [:p]

Well got the car, feels great, the dealer seemes most baffled when I whipped my piece of paper out to check through the stuff you've mentioned, but guess what? The car which was built 3 weeks ago does NOT have the floppy wiper blade. They checked and said they knew nothing of it, could I provide more details?

Anyone help? Which pictures was it again and what specifically should I mention to make sure they get it ordered and replaced (which they said they would do if they knew what it was to order????)

Thanks,

Ade

Saw an A2 in my dealers showroom yesterday which has a long floppy rubber blade and a different design of arm..obviously the new design.
I asked the dealer to adjust my washers..they said they did it but the screenwash seems to be aimed at the base of the windscreen..there is no diagram of the correct aiming point in the owners book..anyone know if this is correct?

Ade,

it is on http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/ , image gallery, forum photos, John Disdale/wiper judder.

There's one in the Owners gallery too, European owners, page 3.

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive
Cobalt Blue Metallic

Looking at the piccys on the forum photos, it would appear that we are lacking the new style wiper as well.

Does anyone know of anything in writing which says that new A2's should have new wiper designs. I have this feeling that if I go to my dealer without anything solid, I won't get much joy.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Me too-my replacement 2003 A2 has the extra 2003 bits (larger fuel tank etc) but the old style wipers. Here we go again......Audi/brewery/organise/a drink up/couldn't......you work it out!

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back