A2 Social's Area . Now Open To Everyone

wooly A2

Hi ALL

I Have been given the role of being the Social Secretary for A20C
i am very pleased to
announce that this Section of the forumn is now open to everyone who has
registered on the site ..........
I Am very pleased to have been given this position as i was recently given the chance to organise
The annual Social to the Audi Driver International at Castle Combe although
not as many people attended as i would have hoped it still was a great day
out and i met some great guys at the event so it is my promise to you that i will try and organize some more social events that we can all become involved in up and down the Country i have the feeling that things have been
a bit slow in the Social Dept as of late but it is my aim to make this section
a lot more active .............

With a little help from you A2 owners i would like lots of suggestions for
some days out up and down the country with the change over to the new forumn we have the option to run some polls ...

If You could all make some suggestions then i can make up a poll and we can
put it to the vote that way we can really guage where you guys would like to go .........

Stuart we all no was the starter of this valuable resource and it was his ambhition to get 30 A2's together for one event well ive taken over for now and i would like to say that i would also like to take on that ambhition i no if we can all put our heads together then we should be able to think of somewhere that will be suitable for everyone......

Here are a few suggestions
Longleat (Safari Park)
Duxford Air Museum
Beaulieu Motor Museum
Alton Towers
Peak District (Cat and Fiddle)
Billing Aquadrome (Camping)
Milton Keynes (Go Karting)
The Heritage Motor Museum in Gaydon

One crazy idea i may have is an oversea's trip to the annual pilgrimage for the Engish Motorsports enthusiast
Le Mans (France)
Im sure you all have your own favourite places to visit how about you help me to help the A2OC To pick somewhere where we can all have a great day out

Looking forward to your idea's
Carl

Last edited:
Duxford, Beaulieu or Longleat would be of interest to us. Karting could be a giggle as well tho'. Buckmore Park is just up the road from me which is a very good track but Milton Keynes is probably more central for the majority.

Would love to include Buckmore Park as this is one of the premier circuits
if anyone is interested in some mini socials for Go karting there is
Thruxton
Andover
Buckmoor Park
Sandown Park
i simply chose Milton Keynes as this was more central to everyone
but if anyone was interested in a mini social before xmas where we can have a get together then lets here some more suggestions .......
Friends of A20C also invited ...............

Come on all you A2'ers
has anyone else got any idea's for some trips out next year or any mini social's does not matter how crazy you think it is we would like to see it ...........

The Heritage Motor Museum in Gaydon is worth a day out and nice and central.

Le Mans would also suit me nicely.

Will said:
The Heritage Motor Museum in Gaydon is worth a day out and nice and central.QUOTE]

We had a social at Gaydon in June 2003 - and a very good venue it was too. Just a shame I turned up in a 1L Corsa hire car and everyone took the mick out of it..

yep, also 3 cyl. the engine is about the size of an alternator though - hence much mirth when I opened the bonnet. but I can't say too much against them as I bought one. Cheapest car I've ever had to run & own. But i only do about 3-4K miles a year.

Rob Earl said:
We had a social at Gaydon in June 2003 - and a very good venue it was too. Just a shame I turned up in a 1L Corsa hire car and everyone took the mick out of it..
Never mind i would love to go here perhaps you will get a second chance to take your A2 yet LOL !!!!

Last edited:
How about a trip to Stratford -on -Avon
Plenty to see and do in this very pretty Town ..

Or Was wondering if any one would be interested
in perhaps doing a Treasure Hunt or something ..

Perhaps a murder mystery weekend ..............

A2 Socials

Be careful , if it's a motoring treasure hunt, various permissions are required, including police and residents, and even local authorities. That's why there are much fewer treasure hunts than there were. I suppose 50 cars all turning up to read the plaque on your wall can be a bit wearing, especially when they realise it's the wrong plaque, and all do 3 point turns in the village!
Wooly was born here on a blue plaque!

hollyrescue said:
Be careful , if it's a motoring treasure hunt, various permissions are required, including police and residents, and even local authorities. That's why there are much fewer treasure hunts than there were. I suppose 50 cars all turning up to read the plaque on your wall can be a bit wearing, especially when they realise it's the wrong plaque, and all do 3 point turns in the village!
Wooly was born here on a blue plaque!

Your hoping i would be happy if 30 cars turned up .....

I would have to emphasise that we kept within the law and
definatly no speeding aloud ................I no that they are still
permissable as Audi held one in Swindon the day after Castle Combe
this year we where going to go to it but it never stopped raining .....

You would have a job finding a blue plaque with my name on it in Swindon
as i originally came from Southport Merseyside Bit of A Drive ..LOL !!!!!

I Dont no if we have any motorsport enthusist's here but as well as a
trip down to Le Mans (24hrs) .....

How about a run around the Nurburgring thats a once in a lifetime
trip .....

We could always have something closer to home
like London To Brighton i know most other owners clubs
seem to manage that one perhaps we could tag along in
front of all those Smart cars L0L !!!!

I Was wondering now xmas is out the way ,and before you no it the summer will be here has anyone anymore idea's for days out we have had an awful lot of new member's join just lately has anyone new or old members got any views dont worry how stupid it may sound im sure there must be something we have not done or something that we have not thought of that we can do as a club i would really like to make this club a lot more active in the social department you never know you might like to make a habit of it !!!!!

I Dont no why but other clubs seem to have a very active social life when it comes to getting together it would be great for us and the club if we could all get together more and make more of an effort to do this
WE ARE ALL PART OF THIS CLUB ..........

We have been invited to lots of Track days this year i know what your all thinking i dont want to take my car on the track but its not just about ranting your car around a track they also have club displays at these events as well as trade stands so this is another chance for us all to get together and discuss the merits of this fantastic car .....
I Will put a thread for each event so that you can look at the dates and work out whether you are likely to attend
looking forward to seeing you guys there ..........

Thought i would refresh this thread see if we can get some more interest up now summer is approaching ........
We have had a lot of newbies join a2oc lately and was wondering if anyone had anymore idea's for a social ,if we could all think of some idea's then i will set up a poll and we can have a vote on somewhere .....

London to brighton sounds like fun, also those track days you mentioned are also cool... I would welcome such an event as I am about to receive my first A2 so it would certainly be fun to meet up with fellow A2 drivers. Weather has been alright lately hopefully it will stay like this and we could have a nice day out soon...

Jia

socials

Wooly, some ideas for social.
1 Duxford, lots of parking, lots of interest for young and old.
2 Chatham dockyard, lots of parking, lots of interest for young and old.
3 Old Warden (Sandy, Bedfordshire) airfield on a flying day. Old airplanes, first world war biplanes etc., I've not been there for a while so can't comment on parking arrangements, but probably OK.
4 Brands Hatch on a day of interest to A2 owners.
5 Kemble aerodrome near you that has an open day in the summer, moderate interest, but lots of flying and parking.
6 Netheravon (?) aerodrome near you, has an emergency services day, infinite parking, lots to see from C130 Hercules to cutting people from wrecked cars. You could even get Rob to that!!
7 New Forest area, Sammy Miller motorcycle museum, Monkey World, Bovington tank museum, all with ample parking.
8 Er.... that's enough for now

More ideas - Or should that be idea ?
1 Millbrook - they do have occasional open days and it can be very interesting....

Back