A2's - are they taking over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s pudsey

Well. I dont know about you, but I saw 5 in one day last tuesday (and I live in the back of beyond). I am beginning to think that there is a conspiracy. I saw my usual going to work one(silver), and one travelling in opposite direction (black, 02 plate). Later on a routine trip I followed a 52 plate, atlantic blue SE 1.4 diesel for 5 miles, she must have thought I wuz some sort of stalker. Then... during an extended lunch break and trip to the garden centre I came back to the car to find black Y reg next to it and on leaving work a silver 02 1.4 standard edition was parked outside...

As a mega-boon I managed to get my mountain bike in the back of the A2 without removing any functional parts - how cool is that.

Simon

Mar01 1.4A2 Open Sky, Bad electrics,odd clutch and very nasty paint effect caused by a "bug shifter", not polishable.....

I think you'll find that that was an extremely rare day!

I hardly ever see more than 1 A2 per day if at all. I think once I saw 3 in one day...and not one flashed at me...shame on you!

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

Same here-none for weeks then I saw three in one day, about 4 in the week. Amazing!.

And I found the chap who owns one I see when ever I go to my York office-he was in Norwich with me and saw my A2......coincidence of the year I think!.

I think Audi dealers send out a stream of 3 cars at a time for advertising purposes!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Maybe there's a rush on A2's ... could be the speacial deals Audi is doing at the moment ... £250 for climate control + metallic paint, free insurance, ex-demos at up to £2-3000 saving on list etc.

I see on average about 10 a day .. but then again I just work up the road from a dealership in Stockport :). If ever I see one on the road I wonder if it's a courtesy car for the local Audi dealer.

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

The courtesy cars for the dealers you speak of all have S.K.F stickers on their sides, I've driven most of them:(
Mike

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)

I saw 3 in the space of 2 minutes earlier on today. Unprecedented!!! A 52 plate Cobalt blue one, a Silver one (don't know what reg) & a black Y reg with roof rack & ladders. Must be that discerning window cleaner doing his rounds. Saying that, the car was minging. The front wheels were black, not silver. Shame on him.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Actually I often see a black Y reg A2 with the roof rack and ladders around as well. I live in SE London - I assume there was not a fleet purchase of them by a window cleaning firm.

Might be the same one. This one was spotted at Maidstone Hospital with a man of approx 30 yr old driving it.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Seems about right - I have seen one regularly in the Bexley area. To be honest, there can't be many that use an A2 to carry ladders (and probably not quite what Audi had in mind either - otherwise they probably would have included a retractable one built into the car) - but more importantly, he doesn't wave or flash his lights - so sod him. Perhaps he's using his A2 as a fire engine for very small fires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back