Acoustic Parking System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit lewis

Hello. Thought I would stop lurking and get stuck in. I am on the cusp of ordering a new A2 and although I'm almost settled on a 1.6FSI Sport I have to work out what needs to be in the car extras wise.

So far it's going to be Fogs, Climate control, Symphony with front loading 6 CD player, Luggage floor mats and Acoustic parking......

No one out there seems to have asked for APS or at least won't admit to it whan listing their specs..... so the question is: Is APS useful or not? Also - is ther anything missing from the above list?

Feel free to spend my virtual money but NO Satnav's or Open Sky please I have a bald patch and inferiority complex and don't like the idea of people looking down on me.

Thanks in advance......

Kit

Kit,

Lots of men go bald at the age of 90 – so don’t feel bad about it.

As a hopeless driver when going backwards I missed having the “sensor” facility in my A2 but decided to get it on my recent Golf. I am not over impressed, because when the buzzer goes berserk I stop only to find that I’m about 400 to 500mm away from the object or other car. Perhaps its possible to have it adjusted but I was original hopeful that I was going to be able to park 100mm away before the abandon ship siren went off.

In terms of us spending your virtual money – what about a wig ? I expect Audi do a nice grey.

Regards
John Disdale

I've got APS and I love it. With the cramped parking spaces in Holland, I couldn't do without it. Don't trust it blindly though - always check what's behind your car, then trust the APS. There are situations (protruding objects at 1m height for example) in which the APS will miserably fail. By the time you find out, you have a free Open Sky system.

It does detect small objects at low height though, and it does that very well. Even poles, towing hooks etc. are detected.

Get aps, i have it, rear visibility is very poor especially early mornings when the cars a bit misty, also it's saved my rear bumper a couple of times already in car parks, it gives you a great sense of confidence in tight spots. Would also recommend DIS nice toy.

1.4 TDI SE, Parking sensors, DIS, Climate, Symphony II, Isofix.

I wish I had APS - I find it difficult to judge the distance at the back. I always end up at least a metre away!

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

I have heard comments that it just helps you to 'learn' where the back of the car is, and once you've done that you might as well switch it off.

At least with being such a short car its normally only your pride thats hurt when you end up parking 5 feet short of the wall !.

I guess it also depends how annoying the beeps can be - didn't seem too loud in a A2 I was in last week. But I've already spent my allowance on the Sat Nav Pluse system so who am I to preach!

If you want it get it - you'll only regret it afterwards.

I'd also like to add that the 9 spoke Sport wheels are very nice but are very easy to damage. They almost sit proud of the tyres. Our local dealers A2 sport demonstrator has had all 4 wheels repaired twice, and is about to get done again.

Dave

1.4SE -> 1.6SE 8 weeks and counting

Mine has APS, I like it. The single beep when you select reverse lets you know you've really got it, not first again. I guess I will quickly get used to the length - or lack thereof - of the car, but APS is still fun at the moment.

JR

A2 1.6 FSI, Cobalt blue, OpenSky, etc.

I'd agree with getting DIS and APS. My A6 has both and they are very useful, particularly as its an Avant and that rear bumper is a looooong way back. My A2 has neither which I regret but when buying second hand one can't be too choosy. Good luck with whatever you get, you won't regret it.

Kit Lewis

Welcome to the Forum

I think the APS on an A2 is really useful and a lot cheaper than having my rear bumper painted.

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back