Air bag light

get1962

Hello All

I had a large item to move in my 2001 1.4Tdi, which necessitated removing the passenger front seat.

In order to do this, I unplugged the wire underneath the seat and, understandably, the dashboard air bag warning light came on.

Having now replaced the seat and reconnected the wire, the light is still on.

How do I reset the system so that the warning light is off again?

Best Regards

GET1962

You need to take it to a dealer, or someone with a full version of VAG COM. If you are anywhere near Manchester, I can do this for you.

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Mike

Me and the car are in SW France at the moment so it is a bit of a trip to Manchester.......

However, I will be at my parents place in Bakewell, where you fitted the cruise control at the end of the month so I will be in touch nearer the time.

Many thanks as usual for your help and advice.

Best Regards

GET1962

Hello again Mike

Just a thought - does the warning light being on mean that the airbags will not operate?

If that is not the case (they will operate in the event of a colision...) then I dont see any major benefit in having the light turned off.

Obviously it would need to be turned off before I eventually sell the vehicle, but taking the passenger seat out turns the car into an amazingly spacious luggage transporter.

Best Regards

GET1962

The airbags should work in the event of an accident, but I cannot guarantee it. I am almost certain that the bag in the passenger seat won't function until the fault is cleared, but the others may well do.

It's not a pressing concern, unless you are regularly involved in side-on near misses, so as and when you can make it.

If you'll be in Bakewell at the end of the month, you may be aroun d for the camping social and Rally day at nearby Chatsworth, so it may be a possibility to meet up then. That is the first weekend in June.

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Mike

I am taking my parents home after they have visited me here in France. They need to be back in the UK by the 27th & I have to be in Worcestershire on 30th May for a solar heating instalation course. After that, I need to be back in France for a party on 1st June, so cant make the Chatsworth event:(

I will be in touch nearer the time & hopefully I can catch up with you sometime over 28th/29th May.

Best Regards

GET1962

Back