Air Bag Light.....

Guys/Gals,
Let me set the scene.....Wife..... darling a lights appeared in the dashboard.........When did it come on oh about 3 days ago ...

I have searched the forums and reviewed some threads, ideally it would be great if someone has vag com to run a quick check for me (Birmingham) prior to taking it to the stealers.

Anyone in Birmingham who can help ?

Thanks

Gurdip

air bag light

incar mechanics magazine they have said that the connection cancome undone underneath the seat at the point of a change - indriver infact this happened to thier bmw project car recently, so it might be worth a try doing a check for detached or loose connectors before you take it in
it will be obvious if there is a problem there
Paul

Thanks Guys
Ive had the car scanned and the fault code appears to be the passenger side igniter.(OBD scanner)

Having read some more,suggestions as mirrored here is to try and disconnect/reconnect and clean the yellow connector, ill give that a bash but failing that any other possible fault causes prior to ££ dealer visit :eek: !

Gurdip

GURDIP - STOP!!!!

The first step is to have the fault cleared using diagnostic equipment. If it stays off, fine. If not, only then should you investigate further.

If you do have to 'go in' then please follow these guidlines:

1. ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL BEFORE STARTING WORK.

2. Keep yourself earthed while working.

3. Unless you have done this sort of thing before, don't even start!

Cheers,

Mike

Back