Alarm fault - sound but no indicators

James M

The alarm has been sounding constantly for a couple of weeks now. I wasn't aware until told by a neighbour as the indicators don't flash. I had a diagnostic done and two faults appeared; drivers door monitoring and the interior monitor. Unable to determine which one was causing the fault they were wiped and we waited for the alarm to go again. Another diagnostic showed the drivers door mechanism/monitor faulty. This was changed and the alarm is still going off. I've had to leave the car in the middle of an industrial estate for fear of having my windows put through!!

And typically the alarm never goes off when it's at the garage.

Anyone else had similar experiences. Doesn't appear to be the service grille or the boot mechanism.

Can't help with the actual fault codes I'm afraid.

Regards,

James.

Anyway, thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi James

Sounds like the convience module under the front passenger well is faulty. Are you able to hear lots of clicking at any time when the alarm is sounding or in general?

A2O2

It could be the central convenience module or possibly an interior monitor that is causing the false triggering, A scan is the only way forward.

Cheers,

Mike

Alarm

Firstly, thanks for the replies.

Not sure about the clicking when the alarm sounds - it's like Chinese water torture (am I allowed to say that?) and seems to get louder and more annoying. How loud are we talking. I'll pass this on though. It's still at the garage and no fault codes have re-appeared overnight. They're going to de-sensitise the interior monitoring and see how that goes.

They're scratching their heads at the mo anyway.

Thanks again,

James.

Back