Chat And Another New Memeber!

Barryt0

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello. I've replied to a couple of threads on the forum but haven't introduced myself yet.

I've just bought my first A2, but have owned Audi's for several years now. I've always loved the A2 and bought a nice little example for the missus a couple of weeks ago. It's a 1.6 FSI Sport, 2002 (52), 65,000 miles, red, full black leather, OSS roof, parking sensors, climate control, rear electric windows, plus all the usual. I paid £3,850 but had to drive to Yorkshire to get it (I live in Buckinghamshire!). I reckon it would have been at least £1,000 more where I live.

I spent ages looking around before deciding on the spec I wanted, and was then amazed at how quickly they were selling. I'd spot one on Autotrader, arrange to view it the following weekend and by the time Saturday rolled around it was sold! In the end I spotted the Yorkshire car, paid the dealer a £100 deposit over the phone to hold it and then went up by train and drove it back. The advert hadn't mentioned the roof (which is brilliant) or the parking sensors (trust me; she needs them!) so I was well chuffed when I got there and saw it in person.

I'm after a set of 17" Sport alloys if anyone has a set for sale. With centre caps of course! Ours has the SE wheels for some reason, but I might keep them as a winter set.

I'm hoping it will last for several years, just like all the other Audi's I've owned. The missus LOVES it; much better than the RAV4 she was driving (which is for sale by the way; any takers?).

Anyway, hello and thanks for such a great forum. I shall learn a lot from you all I'm sure and may also be able to contribute a little from time to time.

Hi welcome to a2oc --your car sounds great i hope you have many years happy motoring, any hicups can normally be sorted out on here quickly. I have an fsi and love it-we also have two tdi's. So you can see they get under your skin!
If your interested we have a few social gatherings throughout the year and your welcome to join us--keep an eye on the socials section.
cheers mike

Hi Barryt0,

car sounds really nice and very envious of spec! I have sent you a pm regarding the 17" RS4 alloys you may be interested in.

HAPPY MOTORING

Regards,

Keith.

Not showing off, just offering a fellow A2er a set of 17" RS4 alloys (£250.00).

I think Hooley's referring to showing off the new A2 with nice spec. But feel free to show off your wheels too. Thats a good price if they're clean with legal rubber :)

Welcome to the forum.
The fsi cars are brilliant, very nice engines if looked after, a realdrivers car.
Use superunleaded only in it and get some silicone lube on that OSS while it still works.

My FSI is staying in Yorkshire!

Back