Another TDI back on the road

martin 54

A2OC Donor
This tdi was for sale early 2022 from a member in Tiverton Devon with a cambelt failure, i looked at its mot history and a lot of work had been done on the front suspension and rear brakes, a deal was done and we went with wife to get it home one sunday, we towed it the 90 miles home on a bar to cornwall, The seats cleaned up very well with the vax as did door cards, Did nothing untill christmas when i put it on the ramp and started to remove parts, the cam belt had lost a few teeth, so it was off with the head the pistons were ok, i had found a head on line.
IMG_1355.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
then had to swap over camshaft and injectors, and put it all back together, Yesterday took it for a mot and it passed,

Brilliant! Now you have a bise tucked away too in there i 👀. Awesome 👌

Not looking so good for the 106 with a towbar back there then?

Brilliant! Now you have a bise tucked away too in there i 👀. Awesome 👌

Not looking so good for the 106 with a towbar back there then?
I need to take it to the breakers its a diesel its rusty at rear suspension, yes its got bose and the cd works must fine a tape and try, The wife is having this one to replace her polo sdi which has done 220.000,

That bose outfit is worth 400-600£, great assest if the car ever keels over. SDI diesel, wow blast from past, simple stuff.

With the purchase price of the car and all the other parts about £824.00. front brake hose x 2. rear spring rubbers x 2. crankshaft pulley bolts x 4. number plate x 1. exhaust flange nuts x 4. alternator pulley and belt. air filter. 3 x wheel center. cam belt kit. Head x bolts x head gasket. mot.

INcluding the foam toolkit and loom? THey must be getting rare, cant remebr last time I saw one for sale. Grills go for £80-100 a set! Can say I wouldnt like a Soul Black Bose Kit in my project!

This tdi was for sale early 2022 from a member in Tiverton Devon with a cambelt failure, i looked at its mot history and a lot of work had been done on the front suspension and rear brakes, a deal was done and we went with wife to get it home one sunday, we towed it the 90 miles home on a bar to cornwall, The seats cleaned up very well with the vax as did door cards, Did nothing untill christmas when i put it on the ramp and started to remove parts, the cam belt had lost a few teeth, so it was off with the head the pistons were ok, i had found a head on line.View attachment 111382View attachment 111383View attachment 111384 then had to swap over camshaft and injectors, and put it all back together, Yesterday took it for a mot and it passed,
What procedure did you take to remove the head? Did you lift the head complete with turbo and manifolds?

Back