Anyone in Norfolk or Suffolk with a fully functioning FSI????

stew

I'm looking for a fuel cap to try on my FSI. I really don't think its the cause of my issues and I did try a cheap one off ebay but really want to eliminate this with as little cost as possible. Any help appreciated.

I'm looking for a fuel cap to try on my FSI. I really don't think its the cause of my issues and I did try a cheap one off ebay but really want to eliminate this with as little cost as possible. Any help appreciated.
Hi, I sadly can't help as my FSi is currently awaiting trailering to Yelverton Garage to see if they can get it running. I can recommend them if you can get it to them though. They are pretty knowledgeable. Vas in Norwich are also good, but I think I may have used up most of their FSi patience!
Hope you do manage to get it sorted

Hi, I sadly can't help as my FSi is currently awaiting trailering to Yelverton Garage to see if they can get it running. I can recommend them if you can get it to them though. They are pretty knowledgeable. Vas in Norwich are also good, but I think I may have used up most of their FSi patience!
Hope you do manage to get it sorted
I completely had forgotten about them. It might be worth me speaking with them.

The fuel cap isn't FSI specific.
Did you check the fuel rail pressure, can't rememberb ...
Mac.
Yeah, from memory 60 bar at idle and 100 bar at around 2500 rpm. Haven't logged the pressures under load though, not really sure they would be any different would they?

Yeah, from memory 60 bar at idle and 100 bar at around 2500 rpm. Haven't logged the pressures under load though, not really sure they would be any different would they?
Thanks. I wouldn't think they'd be different..
Mac.

Thanks. I wouldn't think they'd be different..
Mac.
The pressure is load dependent on my traffic common rail diesel so I wouldn’t be surprised if the same was true on the fsi. Flow rate is proportional to both open time and pressure. I’ll try to remember to take a look next time I’m out in it. As for a fully functioning fsi, I’m not sure they exist, the fsi was just a bad system pushed by Bosch with no real benefit and a lot of problems.

The pressure is load dependent on my traffic common rail diesel so I wouldn’t be surprised if the same was true on the fsi. Flow rate is proportional to both open time and pressure. I’ll try to remember to take a look next time I’m out in it. As for a fully functioning fsi, I’m not sure they exist, the fsi was just a bad system pushed by Bosch with no real benefit and a lot of problems.
Confusius, he say, (or would have done if he had an A2):
"it's a wise Man, (or Woman), that doesn't pass on an opinion of something, in which they have no knowledge or experience"
Mac.

Back