Anyone tried Tesco engine oil for TDI?

MOI

A2OC Donor
Was about to but some Quantum Longlife oil for my 220k mileage TDI but came acorss this at £5.50 per litre:

Tesco 5W30 Fully Synthetic Oil High Mileage 4L5W30 FULLY SYNTHET. Lower ash content to reduce particulate build up. Reduces environmental impact through reduced emissions

Specifications: API SN/CF, ACEA C3. Fully synthetic mid-SAPS engine oil designed to meet the ever-increasing market demand for an, affordable but quality 5W-30 synthetic oil for both petrol and diesel engines. Suitable for use in out of warranty vehicles requiring a 5W30 Fully synthetic mid-SAPS engine oil. It is very important to use the correct grade of oil in your vehicle to maximize the performance of your engine and reduce unnecessary wear.

What do we think? Yay or nay?

Was about to but some Quantum Longlife oil for my 220k mileage TDI but came acorss this at £5.50 per litre:

Tesco 5W30 Fully Synthetic Oil High Mileage 4L5W30 FULLY SYNTHET. Lower ash content to reduce particulate build up. Reduces environmental impact through reduced emissions

Specifications: API SN/CF, ACEA C3. Fully synthetic mid-SAPS engine oil designed to meet the ever-increasing market demand for an, affordable but quality 5W-30 synthetic oil for both petrol and diesel engines. Suitable for use in out of warranty vehicles requiring a 5W30 Fully synthetic mid-SAPS engine oil. It is very important to use the correct grade of oil in your vehicle to maximize the performance of your engine and reduce unnecessary wear.

There is a whole thread on oils that are inexpensive and meet the correct specifications- but to short circuit that and your question, don’t use this, instead buy some Mannol 7715 from eBay. It’s actually VAG approved. Take a look at the thread in question, one of the last posts contains an alert to a discounted barrel of 20l for £48.

[URL

unfurl="true"]https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/285281564[/URL]

I think the bit that says
"Suitable for use in out of warranty vehicles ..."
Tells you that it is not to any, manufacturer's spec, let alone VAG's.
Personally, I'd stick with Quantum.
Mac.

Back