Audi A1

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
Having had a few thoughts along the lines of "I love my A2s, but it would be nice to have a car where things didn't frequently need fixing", I bought a 6 year old 1.4 TFSi Audi A1 S Line in metallic grey. It's only got 25,000 miles on the clock and has lots of extras. I get it next Thursday 😊

You'll enjoy that, Teresa. Don't ask how I know.
πŸ˜‰
I genuinely hated them when they came out as I was so upset they had stopped the A2. However I was given one as a courtesy car whilst a previous A2 was being serviced and by the time I got to work in it, I was a little bit in love ❀️

Running my second MK1 A1 and now my second MK2 A1 I find them reliable and comfortable.

I have even at long last finished an upgrade to the MK1 of fitting very near factory rear view camera that displays on the fold down MMI screen. The MK2 (22 plate ) came with rear view camera fitted from factory.

Rear view camera was never offered by Audi on the MK1 A1.

1693577440385.jpeg

Good luck with it T :) Assuming Barney's been passed down the family as intended, what does this now mean for Alan & Mabel?
Yes Barney now lives with my neice,.although I did get to drive him on Monday.
With Alan, he is now my intended keeper. That was another reason for getting a newer car for day to day - once I have got Alan working properly (have replaced starter motor, cam belt and water pump and some suspension bits plus serviced, but still have air con, faulty coolant level sensor and whatever has recently started causing intermittent lumpy running (poss coil packs) plus paintwork issues to be done, he will be garaged and only really used for socials.
Mabel is still a non runner. I'm going to get her trailered to my garage and see if they can get her running for a reasonable cost. If they can I will get an mot on and sell her. If not, sadly I'll have to break for parts πŸ˜ͺ

Having had a few thoughts along the lines of "I love my A2s, but it would be nice to have a car where things didn't frequently need fixing", I bought a 6 year old 1.4 TFSi Audi A1 S Line in metallic grey. It's only got 25,000 miles on the clock and has lots of extras. I get it next Thursday 😊
Nice one T. Maybe keep using E5 super unleaded in the A1 as it does make a difference in my Up.

Good car, we have one of those too. Not strictly an FSI as such though! Very nippy with the turbo and economy is good. Enjoy

An S1.
An interesting car.....
enjoy..
Mine is an S Line rather than S1. I have been on an S1 and they are fabulously quick, but my funds sadly don't quite reach that far This is my newbie 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230901_145002.jpg
    Screenshot_20230901_145002.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 82
They are good cars, misfires can be common, usual coil packs, only fit audi ones or high quality aftermarket. Sometimes thee misfire is cam sensor though. Fast smooth cars but indent understand the lights under the boot hatch, when you lift the boot up there's clusters of light lenses what's that about??

They are good cars, misfires can be common, usual coil packs, only fit audi ones or high quality aftermarket. Sometimes thee misfire is cam sensor though. Fast smooth cars but indent understand the lights under the boot hatch, when you lift the boot up there's clusters of light lenses what's that about??
Safety, So you don’t get hit on the hard shoulder or side of the road attending to a puncture etc!

Back