Audi A2 Euro NCAP crash-test footage

I'm not sure how many cars get wrecked in the EuroNCAP testing - but of course these types of tests are also done by other Governmental safety agencies - there must be a lot of crashes!

This is worth a watch too as it is so appallingly shocking. It's the crash test of the GWizz which Top Gear did at the TRL. They are quite literally mobile death traps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6NhuIS1RAE

Thats terrible, no point getting medical insurance if you have one of those. You would be better off with a pre paid furenal plan. You would be better off on a motorcycle with decent leathers on.

Cheers

David

Interesting to see. Good find, Dan. I wonder just how many A2s were destroyed!?

I'm sure Audi crashed more A2 than EuroNCAP, who most likely only crashed the three you see in the video. But generally the number of physical tests are reducing as computer simulations are use extensively, not only for crash safety, but for ride and handly, noise/vibration and others.

I noticed that the side impact air bag did not detonate on the "last" side impact crash

I forget whether the curtain airbag was standard or an option on the A2. If it was an option then it's likely EuroNCAP bought the car without, being the volume seller.

Back