Audi a2 radiator

Paulchef

I every one i just brought a audi a2 1.6 fsi .just wont to no wot temperature the thermostat opens at .because radiator does not get hot after half hour of driving. Thanks new to this site

Hi,

Welcome.

The FSI thermostat actually opens at 105°C, confusingly however the temperature gauge on the dash will show 90°C, this is normal. If it does not after 10 minutes of driving something is wrong. If it shows 90°C I would not be concerned the radiator is not getting hot, to some extent I have noticed the FSI engine self radiates when driving steadily without much need of the radiator coming into play. If you have a large red flashing thermometer on the dash stop driving immediately.

Please proof read your posts I found parts difficult to read.

Andy

Hi,

Welcome.

The FSI thermostat actually opens at 105°C, confusingly however the temperature gauge on the dash will show 90°C, this is normal. If it does not after 10 minutes of driving something is wrong. If it shows 90°C I would not be concerned the radiator is not getting hot, to some extent I have noticed the FSI engine self radiates when driving steadily without much need of the radiator coming into play. If you have a large red flashing thermometer on the dash stop driving immediately.

Please proof read your posts I found parts difficult to read.

Andy
Thank you for your reply. Will do

So is it ok if the top hose gets hot and the bottom one is cold is that how it work until the thermostat opens .thank you

I suspect that you'd benefit from getting your car scanned with VCDS, which will tell you what (if anything) is going on. Perhaps there is someone here who is reasonably close to you who can offer to assist?

Back