Audi A2 Service

sidthe

Hi guys,

First of all sorry that I do not speak Swedish.
I am an Audi A2 owner. I am temporary living in Stockholm and have a problem that you may be able to help me solve.

I have a water pump problem. May be it's just a hose, but anyway. I went to the Audi service in Stockholm and they quoted me 9.000sek to change the water pump and cambelt. It seems a little exaggerated to me and I was wondering if someone had a different price experience with the official dealers or could recommend me an independent garage with a good track record on servicing Audi cars.

I have found on internet this guys http://www.autolounge.nu/ that told me they would be able to do the job for around 5000sek. Is it a good garage? Does anyone have any experience with them? Price is of course important, but I would not want to pay twice...

Thanks in advance.
Best,

I don't know about the exchange rates but audi hitchin quoted me £650 to do the same job at christmas. I then went to a local guy and he did it for about £275....

P

Thank you Paddys for the info...
Too bad nobody local has nothing to tell as I really have to decide what to do...

change cambelt as well?

When there is discussion about cambelt change the advice is to do the waterpump at the same time as the cost is marginal (just about the pump price which is discounted on an exchange with the old pump). Changing the cambelt involves dismatling almost the same parts as changing the water pump.

So, I wondering if the reverse applies - I.e. if you are changing the waterpump you might as well do the cambelt and the tensioners (and I think the alternator belt)

Any views?

Thats right costs alot if you just want the pump changed so best to have them both at same time.

Yeap, I plan changing the water pump, cambelt and tensioners. By the way it is a petrol.
The question was where around Stockholm is a safe place to do the job, if not considering the Audi service that quoted me 9000sek (1000EUR)

Back