Audi Steppenwolf Concept 2000 removable roof!

froggy

Not exactly A2 related but I’ve never even heard of this one…..

(turn volume off)

Attachments

• 1CF57E3A-CE06-4366-8717-38C23397590D.jpg
    1CF57E3A-CE06-4366-8717-38C23397590D.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 3D7EF224-69F2-4A1C-B2E8-DD4167531A69.jpg
    3D7EF224-69F2-4A1C-B2E8-DD4167531A69.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Wasn't this supposed to be based on the TT? Looks like they changed the roof from the targa design shown in the static shots, the one in the video appears to come off as one whole unit. As such that must be just a little window for the central brake light in the rear edge, the actual light housing would have to remain in place underneath. The feature they've made of the external storage for the spare wheel looks great, but it must eat loads of internal boot space!

PS: you weren't wrong about turning the volume down, nothing wrong with listening to the guy talk in German (I think) but that backing track is a complete ear-worm! ?‍?

Last edited:
I know this concept very well and loved it the first time I saw it. A painful reminder when Audi in those years was creating timeless design icons, like the A2 and TT. That golden age is sadly long gone and would never come back....

I know this concept very well and loved it the first time I saw it. A painful reminder when Audi in those years was creating timeless design icons, like the A2 and TT. That golden age is sadly long gone and would never come back....

Just imagine if they had carried on with concepts like this, which was as the A2 was, clearly 20 years ahead of its time. Not a fan of the latest Audi’s especially the front grills ?

Wasn't this supposed to be based on the TT? Looks like they changed the roof from the targa design shown in the static shots, the one in the video appears to come off as one whole unit. As such that must be just a little window for the central brake light in the rear edge, the actual light housing would have to remain in place underneath. The feature they've made of the external storage for the spare wheel looks great, but it must eat loads of internal boot space!

PS: you weren't wrong about turning the volume down, nothing wrong with listening to the guy talk in German (I think) but that backing track is a complete ear-worm! ?‍?
Horrible backing track, but another video, if you can believe it, was even worse ?

Here it is - if you get past 5 seconds get your hearing checked……seriously!

Last edited:
Back