Baby Seat help....urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato

I read in my manual that there was a key hole in the glove compartment to turn the passenger side airbag off, so I closed the manual, this was about 6 months ago, now that our baby isnearly due and I've bought the baby rear facing seat I can't find the key hole........ Help, is this not an option on all A2s? If not what are my alternatives? We have another child hence my wife will not be able to sit in the back, we were banking on the car seat being in the front seat, so that both of us could keep an eye on him/here and so that our other child won't poke her in the eye! Help help help..... I really don't want to sell and buy one of those monstrous multiplas, surelly there's an answere>?

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

Hi,

The key thingy is an option. If it's not in tha car it can't be installed afterwards.
Isn't possible to install the toddler on the re***ats instead of the front one ???
Otherwise you will have to go to the dealer and have them manually disable the airbag. However, the will charge you for this and they charge you again for enabling it.

On the side, not to make you nervous, but in the states there was a series of incidents with deactivated airbags going off. The effect of this is horrible, I would prefer the backseat option.

Good luck and keep us posted, might need it myself in a couple of years !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

We have the isolation of the passenger airbag in the glove box on the righthand side - you can't miss it. Unfortunately it is only included if you opt for the isofix fixings on the options list.

The isofix cost £70ish - which included the airbag override. We were told the airbag can be done afterwards by the dealer - but at a cost of around £300. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Do you really know that it will cost me £300 to turn it off and £300 to get it back on again? That's £600 that I could have spent on an opensky system that I didn't opt for because of the cost, this is bad news.

Do you really know that it will cost me £300 to turn it off and £300 to get it back on again? That's £600 that I could have spent on an opensky system that I didn't opt for because of the cost, this is bad news.

No, no, no. £300 to fit a switch for you to operate at your leisure.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Do you really want to cary your child on the most dangerous seat in a car??? Think and use the rear seat.

Regards,
John Dusdale

Been there done that! We have two youngsters and have always had them in the back in 2 door cars, I think you will find that your eldest will act as an alarm if your new arrival needs assistance. Failing that you could always put your eldest in the front as long as his seat is forward facing, but as has been said, it's not the best seat in the house for such a precious cargo! Good luck

Andrew

2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

As echoed above, use the rear seat.

Audi A2 1.4SE
Build Wk40/2002 | OpenSky | Azure Blue | Climate | DIS | APS | Lumbar

Thanks for your help, will take your advice and put the kids in the back and not bother with spending the cash for a switch, cheaper wiser better!!

Cheers

A tip. Turn round the rear headrests so they slope towards the back window. This ensures that when you install a high backed child seat it rests against the seat back and not the headrest. Also take full advantage of the seat belt locking function it's excellent - Install your child seat with the seat belt and pull it tight then pull out the full amount of belt available, and let it retract slowly. You should be able to hear a clicking sound. When all the slack is taken up the belt is locked and will not allow the seat to move. To unlock just release the belt and let it continue to retract the locking mechanism releases automatically.

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back